PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Infertility Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/infertility-forum/)
-   -   Factors affecting fertility... (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/factors-affecting-fertility-166/)

Abana 11-18-2012 08:56 AM

Factors affecting fertility...

Hey ladies, just a question. Do you have any ideas on the reasons why a woman is having a hard time conceiving?
I am a little getting desperate now that we've been trying to conceive for almost 6 months, but not really considering it as something super depressing as we already have our son. I know it's linked to my having irregular periods but I'm curious as to what other factors affect difficulty in conceiving and/or suffering infertility. Thanks!

Dalinda 11-18-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Infertility Factors

Oooh, that "I" word gave me the creeps for a couple of months, trying to get pregnant, though I've been regular ever since. Doesn't mean that if a girl is irregular then she's infertile though. A lot of factors I should say could be related to infertility. Cause could be not being able to ovulate. And don't forget the guys too. The difficulty of having a baby is due to low sperm count.

Fanny 11-19-2012 07:40 PM

Me and my hubby are trying to conceive for almost 3 months now. I have regular periods and my GP says everything's fine with me. Don't know yet when God indeed gives us our cutesy baby though...

Gaetana 11-20-2012 07:09 PM

It's a matter of having sexual intercourse on the day of your ovulation. And when you hit it, you'll know for sure when you'd start baking! Good luck to all of us TTC ladies!

Cadelaria 11-25-2012 09:41 AM

I have PCOS and that's the reason why I am having difficulty getting pregnant. There are a lot of reasons why a woman can't be pregnant anytime she wants to. :mad:

Cailyn 11-27-2012 07:12 AM

all at the right time... ;)

Edda 11-27-2012 06:59 PM

Don't worry chum! To start, getting your irregular monthly periods corrected will solve your conception issues. So be patient and follow your meds promptly.

Fanny 11-28-2012 07:19 PM

There are several ways to get pregnant if the natural ways are not effective. IVT could be of help but there are also instances that IVT procedures fail. Also brace yourself for spending enormous amounts of quids!!

Gaetana 11-28-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 373)
I have PCOS and that's the reason why I am having difficulty getting pregnant. There are a lot of reasons why a woman can't be pregnant anytime she wants to. :mad:

Cheer up! PCOS isn't the end of it all. It's just taking the right pill and going on a diet. The latter is ultimately difficult!!!! :mad:

Idalia 11-29-2012 08:27 PM

I'm just curious on some cases where all else fails. What happens? Adoption? :confused: