PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Infertility Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/infertility-forum/)
-   -   Factors affecting fertility... (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/factors-affecting-fertility-166/)

Abana 12-20-2012 07:08 PM

Re: Infertility Factors

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 476)
I'm just curious on some cases where all else fails. What happens? Adoption? :confused:

Some opt for this one if, and only if, the other methods of assisted conception fail. :(

Gaetana 01-19-2013 11:24 PM

Re: Infertility Factors

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 805)
Some opt for this one if, and only if, the other methods of assisted conception fail. :(

Yeah, you're right. Adoption is only considered if most of the assisted pregnancy methods were tried but failed.

Fanny 02-03-2013 11:25 AM

Re: Factors affecting fertility...

I am adopted and couldn't been more grateful to my biological and adoptive folks. That is if, and only if, all else fails!

Gaetana 03-07-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1873)
I am adopted and couldn't been more grateful to my biological and adoptive folks. That is if, and only if, all else fails!

I believe other couples prefer the options of surrogacy or artificial insemination.

Fanny 03-14-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2389)
I believe other couples prefer the options of surrogacy or artificial insemination.

Oh, yeah. It's worth it even if it costs a lot of couples several quids though. :eek:

Adalira 03-31-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2389)

Yes, had a friend who opted for this. Price and patience go with each other. She had to wait for 2 years to fully and legally adopt the baby. Also, it cost her a fortune. But then again it's all worth it!

Fanny 05-18-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 2737)
Yes, had a friend who opted for this. Price and patience go with each other. She had to wait for 2 years to fully and legally adopt the baby. Also, it cost her a fortune. But then again it's all worth it!

Well it didn't take that long for my folks to adopt me before according to them. But times have changed and the legal process these times are more difficult and particular when it comes to the legality and stuff, especially if a couple is adopting a child overseas.

Gemma 05-25-2013 09:24 PM

Some say that adopting a baby is lucky. I know a couple who went through a lot of trips to the ob to get pregnant. After a couple of years, they decided to adopt. 2 years later after adopting, they got pregnant without even trying!

Abana 06-01-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 3321)
Some say that adopting a baby is lucky. I know a couple who went through a lot of trips to the ob to get pregnant. After a couple of years, they decided to adopt. 2 years later after adopting, they got pregnant without even trying!

Yeah, same goes with what happened to Angelina Jolie, right? Truly a blessing.

Cadelaria 06-28-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 2552)
Oh, yeah. It's worth it even if it costs a lot of couples several quids though. :eek:

And there's no guarantee that it'll succeed the first time.