PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Infertility Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/infertility-forum/)
-   -   Factors affecting fertility... (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/factors-affecting-fertility-166/)

Abana 11-18-2012 08:56 AM

Factors affecting fertility...

Hey ladies, just a question. Do you have any ideas on the reasons why a woman is having a hard time conceiving?
I am a little getting desperate now that we've been trying to conceive for almost 6 months, but not really considering it as something super depressing as we already have our son. I know it's linked to my having irregular periods but I'm curious as to what other factors affect difficulty in conceiving and/or suffering infertility. Thanks!

Dalinda 11-18-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Infertility Factors

Oooh, that "I" word gave me the creeps for a couple of months, trying to get pregnant, though I've been regular ever since. Doesn't mean that if a girl is irregular then she's infertile though. A lot of factors I should say could be related to infertility. Cause could be not being able to ovulate. And don't forget the guys too. The difficulty of having a baby is due to low sperm count.

Fanny 11-19-2012 07:40 PM

Me and my hubby are trying to conceive for almost 3 months now. I have regular periods and my GP says everything's fine with me. Don't know yet when God indeed gives us our cutesy baby though...

Gaetana 11-20-2012 07:09 PM

It's a matter of having sexual intercourse on the day of your ovulation. And when you hit it, you'll know for sure when you'd start baking! Good luck to all of us TTC ladies!

Cadelaria 11-25-2012 09:41 AM

I have PCOS and that's the reason why I am having difficulty getting pregnant. There are a lot of reasons why a woman can't be pregnant anytime she wants to. :mad:

Cailyn 11-27-2012 07:12 AM

all at the right time... ;)

Edda 11-27-2012 06:59 PM

Don't worry chum! To start, getting your irregular monthly periods corrected will solve your conception issues. So be patient and follow your meds promptly.

Fanny 11-28-2012 07:19 PM

There are several ways to get pregnant if the natural ways are not effective. IVT could be of help but there are also instances that IVT procedures fail. Also brace yourself for spending enormous amounts of quids!!

Gaetana 11-28-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 373)
I have PCOS and that's the reason why I am having difficulty getting pregnant. There are a lot of reasons why a woman can't be pregnant anytime she wants to. :mad:

Cheer up! PCOS isn't the end of it all. It's just taking the right pill and going on a diet. The latter is ultimately difficult!!!! :mad:

Idalia 11-29-2012 08:27 PM

I'm just curious on some cases where all else fails. What happens? Adoption? :confused:

Abana 12-20-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 476)
I'm just curious on some cases where all else fails. What happens? Adoption? :confused:

Some opt for this one if, and only if, the other methods of assisted conception fail. :(

Gaetana 01-19-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 805)
Some opt for this one if, and only if, the other methods of assisted conception fail. :(

Yeah, you're right. Adoption is only considered if most of the assisted pregnancy methods were tried but failed.

Fanny 02-03-2013 11:25 AM

Re: Factors affecting fertility...

I am adopted and couldn't been more grateful to my biological and adoptive folks. That is if, and only if, all else fails!

Gaetana 03-07-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1873)
I am adopted and couldn't been more grateful to my biological and adoptive folks. That is if, and only if, all else fails!

I believe other couples prefer the options of surrogacy or artificial insemination.

Fanny 03-14-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2389)
I believe other couples prefer the options of surrogacy or artificial insemination.

Oh, yeah. It's worth it even if it costs a lot of couples several quids though. :eek:

Adalira 03-31-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2389)

Yes, had a friend who opted for this. Price and patience go with each other. She had to wait for 2 years to fully and legally adopt the baby. Also, it cost her a fortune. But then again it's all worth it!

Fanny 05-18-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 2737)
Yes, had a friend who opted for this. Price and patience go with each other. She had to wait for 2 years to fully and legally adopt the baby. Also, it cost her a fortune. But then again it's all worth it!

Well it didn't take that long for my folks to adopt me before according to them. But times have changed and the legal process these times are more difficult and particular when it comes to the legality and stuff, especially if a couple is adopting a child overseas.

Gemma 05-25-2013 09:24 PM

Some say that adopting a baby is lucky. I know a couple who went through a lot of trips to the ob to get pregnant. After a couple of years, they decided to adopt. 2 years later after adopting, they got pregnant without even trying!

Abana 06-01-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 3321)
Some say that adopting a baby is lucky. I know a couple who went through a lot of trips to the ob to get pregnant. After a couple of years, they decided to adopt. 2 years later after adopting, they got pregnant without even trying!

Yeah, same goes with what happened to Angelina Jolie, right? Truly a blessing.

Cadelaria 06-28-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 2552)
Oh, yeah. It's worth it even if it costs a lot of couples several quids though. :eek:

And there's no guarantee that it'll succeed the first time.

Adalira 07-11-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 3237)
Well it didn't take that long for my folks to adopt me before according to them. But times have changed and the legal process these times are more difficult and particular when it comes to the legality and stuff, especially if a couple is adopting a child overseas.

Yup, it was done overseas. Costs an arm and leg but definitely worth it. All for the laughter of a child at home plus his hugs and kisses. :)

Cadelaria 08-03-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 3788)
Yup, it was done overseas. Costs an arm and leg but definitely worth it. All for the laughter of a child at home plus his hugs and kisses. :)

Aww, that's genuine love indeed. Now who wouldn't want that, right?

Halia 08-12-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 3788)

That's just sweet. But I never thought that adoption these days are getting more and more complicated.

Adalira 08-24-2013 12:50 AM

@ Abana- BTW, avoid too much caffeine as I've read that it is a huge factor in affecting fertility.

Adalira 08-24-2013 12:57 AM

@ Cadelaria and Halia - Yes, the procedure is getting more difficult but eventually it's all worth it. Though there are a few stories that adoption gets unsuccessful as per the countries changing adoption policies and laws.

Gaetana 09-18-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 4133)
@ Cadelaria and Halia - Yes, the procedure is getting more difficult but eventually it's all worth it. Though there are a few stories that adoption gets unsuccessful as per the countries changing adoption policies and laws.

So true. That's why couples should give extra caution in taking steps for adoption as the risk of a successful one is high. It's terrible waiting and spending money for a child which wouldn't be legally adopted eventually due to revisions in regulations.

Baha 10-15-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Such a sad outcome for couples who have adoption as their only option. :(

Halia 10-26-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 4388)
So true. That's why couples should give extra caution in taking steps for adoption as the risk of a successful one is high. It's terrible waiting and spending money for a child which wouldn't be legally adopted eventually due to revisions in regulations.

Oh I've heard a few sad news about that. It's a pity for those hopeful couples indeed. Better to do your own study and learn all you can to be on the safer side with regards to adopting from another country.

Edda 11-03-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Yes, couples wanting to adopt overseas should have a clear cut rules and regulations on the said intention. It's a waste of time, money, energy and too much emotional stress of not having the child a couple has been wanting very badly due to a lapse in information.

Cadelaria 11-17-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 4662)
Yes, couples wanting to adopt overseas should have a clear cut rules and regulations on the said intention. It's a waste of time, money, energy and too much emotional stress of not having the child a couple has been wanting very badly due to a lapse in information.

The safest way? Adopt from your home country.

Gaetana 11-27-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 4742)

Couldn't agree more.

Dalinda 12-11-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 4742)

Uh-huh. Unless the regulations in terms of adoptions have already been clearly established assume that adoption isn't safe there.

Baha 12-12-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 4904)
Uh-huh. Unless the regulations in terms of adoptions have already been clearly established assume that adoption isn't safe there.

Exactly Dalinda. Or probably adopt a relative? But I bet it entails another type of challenge too.

Fanny 12-18-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 4924)
Exactly Dalinda. Or probably adopt a relative? But I bet it entails another type of challenge too.

I think it'll get things more complicated. There will still be an attachment between the parents and the baby and an issue might arise from that. Better to adopt without any strings attached!

Idalia 12-21-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 4989)
I think it'll get things more complicated. There will still be an attachment between the parents and the baby and an issue might arise from that. Better to adopt without any strings attached!

I agree. Adopting a relative is a no-go for me.