PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Getting Pregnant Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/getting-pregnant-forum/)
-   -   Question for those TTCs (Trying to Conceive) (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/question-for-those-ttcs-trying-to-conceive-167/)

Abana 11-18-2012 09:31 AM

Question for those TTCs (Trying to Conceive)

Me and my hubby are trying to get pregnant. I had irregular periods and my OB has given me the pill to correct it. I know I'm being stubborn coz I stopped it and just let nature take its course. However, I'm currently taking Folic Acid so as to prepare myself prior to getting pregnant. What other preparations do you take in preparing for pregnancy? Do you know any methods that could boost conception?

Cadelaria 11-18-2012 12:05 PM

Re: Question for those TTCs (Trying to Conceive)

I'm also trying to conceive for almost a year already. Unfortunately, seeing the negative sign on my PTs have become a regular occurence. I have PCOS and that's the reason why I am having irregular menstruation. My OB prescribed me this med called Metformin and I couldn't handle the effects- dizziness, sleepiness, fatigue and with a combined appetite of 2 guys LOL! 1 week of taking it and I'm done. I just take my pills and that's it. Folic acid is also good, I might start taking that one. My 2 cents: Religiously take the meds your OB has given you... But... My mom told me that if I just had the strength and discipline to take Metformin perhaps I'm pregnant by now. I'm not sure though if I could last even a month of taking Metformin. The experience is like riding a ship, running a 42k, a 2-week fasting, and drinking booze rolled into one. LOL! :D

Cadelaria 11-18-2012 12:08 PM

Hi Abana,
I'm also trying to conceive for almost a year already. Unfortunately, seeing the negative sign on my PTs have become a regular occurence. I have PCOS and that's the reason why I am having irregular menstruation. My OB prescribed me this med called Metformin and I couldn't handle the effects- dizziness, sleepiness, fatigue and with a combined appetite of 2 guys LOL! 1 week of taking it and I'm done. I just take my pills and that's it. Folic acid is also good, I might start taking that one. My 2 cents: Religiously take the meds your OB has given you... But... My mom told me that if I just had the strength and discipline to take Metformin perhaps I'm pregnant by now. I'm not sure though if I could last even a month of taking Metformin. The experience is like riding a ship, running a 42k, a 2-week fasting, and drinking booze rolled into one. LOL! :D

Gemma 11-19-2012 08:29 AM

I suggest you continue following your OB's advice Abana. It will be nice if it will just happen though :)

Fanny 11-19-2012 07:06 PM

We're on the same boat Abana. 3 months and still no baby!! But we're taking it slowly and surely. I have a regular monthly period but the thing is we can't hit my ovulation days due to my work shifting. I heard grapejuice and honey could boost potency. I've been regularly drinking grapejuice for a month now.

Gaetana 11-20-2012 06:35 PM

G'day everyone. I'm also a TTC and soo extremely hopeful that we'll have a daughter. My 2 sons are equally excited to have a little sissy in the family.
I was advised that if we wanna have a girl then we shouldn't be pushing it too hard. While for couples wanting a boy, they should push waaay too hard. :D We're doing it the lighter way coz we wanna have a girl this time.... But I'm guilty of the latter sometimes. ;)

Abigail 11-23-2012 07:32 AM

I am not sure if it is true. But one of my friends said doing the rights on a certain period of time (I think it's like the 2nd week after your period) will give you a boy... and just right after your period will give you a girl :p

Cadelaria 11-25-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 250)
G'day everyone. I'm also a TTC and soo extremely hopeful that we'll have a daughter. My 2 sons are equally excited to have a little sissy in the family.
I was advised that if we wanna have a girl then we shouldn't be pushing it too hard. While for couples wanting a boy, they should push waaay too hard. :D We're doing it the lighter way coz we wanna have a girl this time.... But I'm guilty of the latter sometimes. ;)

Ditto! I plead guilty too Gaetana! :D:D

Cadelaria 11-25-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 312)
I am not sure if it is true. But one of my friends said doing the rights on a certain period of time (I think it's like the 2nd week after your period) will give you a boy... and just right after your period will give you a girl :p

Really? Never heard of that, but will definitely try! ;)
Who knows? I might be shouting "POSITIVE" with a lot of positivity next month! :)

Cailyn 11-27-2012 07:14 AM

This is one sexyyyyy thread we have here!

Fabiola 11-27-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 391)
This is one sexyyyyy thread we have here!

Indeed! Getting some tricks here!

Gemma 11-28-2012 01:44 AM

Doesn't proper position help? :p

Daja 11-30-2012 04:08 AM

How about... to boost conception... wear some sexy lingerie every other night? :p considering that you want some high sperm count in the process... :D

Dalinda 12-01-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daja (Post 503)
How about... to boost conception... wear some sexy lingerie every other night? :p considering that you want some high sperm count in the process... :D

I dunno if libido and sperm count are related but that's a great idea of boosting the "frequency" of sex! So why not make it every night so as not to miss an ovulating day? #amibeinggreedy? LOL.

Dalinda 12-01-2012 07:37 PM

To all the TTC moms in here. Have you heard about the Symptothermal Cycle Observation? It's monitoring your temperature and another fertility symptom. Also in this way, you're able to identify your ovulation time accurately. It requires time really, doing it with a pen and paper. I'm not sure though if this works for our irregular friends in here. But this worked fantastically with my colleague. I hope it does to you ladies.

Gaetana 12-27-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 530)
To all the TTC moms in here. Have you heard about the Symptothermal Cycle Observation? It's monitoring your temperature and another fertility symptom. Also in this way, you're able to identify your ovulation time accurately. It requires time really, doing it with a pen and paper. I'm not sure though if this works for our irregular friends in here. But this worked fantastically with my colleague. I hope it does to you ladies.

Never heard of it. But is it effective? I mean, have you tried it or know someone who has been successful with it? Sounds interesting.

Gaetana 01-05-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 529)
I dunno if libido and sperm count are related but that's a great idea of boosting the "frequency" of sex! So why not make it every night so as not to miss an ovulating day? #amibeinggreedy? LOL.

Yeah, that's what we do. Have sex everyday so as not to miss an ovulating day. Frequency does help. #yeswegirlsareallgreedy! LOL

Cadelaria 01-12-2013 03:48 PM

Yeah, I guess doing the deed for almost everyday won't help me in my PCOS. But I'm moving on and will stay positive! Increase the frequency!!! Haha!

Fanny 01-19-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 312)

Oh, I wish things could be that be possibly easy! :( I don't think we ovulate right after we have our period though.

Daja 01-21-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1500)
Oh, I wish things could be that be possibly easy! :( I don't think we ovulate right after we have our period though.

I think that's around 5 days after the last day of your period is considered "safe". And then afterwards is the serious baby making thing. ^^

Fanny 02-14-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 530)

Oh, so technical at first but I think using it alongside other ways of monitoring our ovulation will increase the chances of our baking the bun! ;)

Abana 02-23-2013 12:32 AM

You know it's like finding the best one for your lifestyle. For instance, Acupuncture is a little scary for me whereas charting is less complicated so I opt for it as one of the methods I use. The Symptothermal way could be easy, but I'm not sure though if I could religiously track my temperature.

Cadelaria 03-10-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 2218)
You know it's like finding the best one for your lifestyle. For instance, Acupuncture is a little scary for me whereas charting is less complicated so I opt for it as one of the methods I use. The Symptothermal way could be easy, but I'm not sure though if I could religiously track my temperature.

I agree with you Abana. It's like finding the method best suited to each of our lifestyle as it does vary per person.

Fanny 04-03-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

The Symptothermal way could be easy, but I'm not sure though if I could religiously track my temperature.

I agree. It seems a little challenging because bodily temperature is often influenced by the environment so this may not really accurate at all.

Cadelaria 06-06-2013 12:04 AM

Then the best thing to do then is doing more methods than one to up the odds of getting pregnant. Oh, better said than done with our busy schedules as working mums and wifeys!

Abana 08-15-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 2076)
Oh, so technical at first but I think using it alongside other ways of monitoring our ovulation will increase the chances of our baking the bun! ;)

Have you tried the symptothermal way Fanny? How was it?

Gaetana 09-18-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Uh-huh, it's a bit tricky for me too. Using my temperature as a basis for ovulation may not always be accurate. But you've got a good point. Nothing is really accurate. There's always a small percentage of chance that it may not seem to be.

Abana 11-09-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 4387)
Uh-huh, it's a bit tricky for me too. Using my temperature as a basis for ovulation may not always be accurate. But you've got a good point. Nothing is really accurate. There's always a small percentage of chance that it may not seem to be.

Oh, is that so? That's the difficult part of it then. The first time I've learned about it, it's a no-no for me too.

Idalia 11-29-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 1339)
Yeah, I guess doing the deed for almost everyday won't help me in my PCOS. But I'm moving on and will stay positive! Increase the frequency!!! Haha!

So true Cadelaria! Increase it then. Go girl! :p

Dalinda 12-07-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 370)
Really? Never heard of that, but will definitely try! ;)
Who knows? I might be shouting "POSITIVE" with a lot of positivity next month! :)

Oh, it's easier said than done I should say. But I do hope that our TTC friends will be helped by this. No harm in trying!

Idalia 12-21-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 4387)

Yes, it sounds a bit difficult to monitor though it might be challenging at first and would be easier eventually.