PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Are cosmetics bad for pregnant women? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/are-cosmetics-bad-for-pregnant-women-173/)

Abana 02-07-2013 09:47 PM

Re: Are cosmetics bad for pregnant women?

I guess a little won't be harmful. Just the right amount to put a little color or add some "flush" to our skin should be fine.

Fabiola 02-10-2013 03:59 AM

I've been wearing make up when I was pregnant... not everyday and not really heavy. Just a bit of face powder, a bit of blush on, mascara, and a gloss. My baby's fine! I guess you just don't have to over do it. ^^

Cadelaria 02-11-2013 09:56 PM

Check out www.lavera.com
They got a wide array of cosmetics which are all natural, organic and cruelty free. Extra appealing for the animal lovers in us! :)

Idalia 02-22-2013 10:26 PM

I've recently discovered Saffron Rouge. I may not be pregnant but I feel like I'll be a fan of their organic cosmetics, especially the "Raw coconut cream" make-up remover which made my facial cleaning more heavenly. A bit expensive but extremely effective for me especially for my eyelashes.

Fanny 03-07-2013 09:09 AM

Yes, I've heard lavera is awesome but need to figure out a way if they could ship to UK, cadelaria.

Idalia 03-10-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 2377)
Yes, I've heard lavera is awesome but need to figure out a way if they could ship to UK, cadelaria.

Never heard if they ship to UK too. I think it's better to contact their customer support team to confirm this.

Edda 03-13-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 2203)
I've recently discovered Saffron Rouge. I may not be pregnant but I feel like I'll be a fan of their organic cosmetics, especially the "Raw coconut cream" make-up remover which made my facial cleaning more heavenly. A bit expensive but extremely effective for me especially for my eyelashes.

Ooh, looks like one great product! Will Google it now... Thanks hun! :)

Daja 03-14-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiola (Post 1998)
I've been wearing make up when I was pregnant... not everyday and not really heavy. Just a bit of face powder, a bit of blush on, mascara, and a gloss. My baby's fine! I guess you just don't have to over do it. ^^

I personally don't see any problems with make-up during pregancy. It actually makes me feel good about myself :)

Halia 03-20-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daja (Post 2540)
I personally don't see any problems with make-up during pregancy. It actually makes me feel good about myself :)

Less is ok but with the phthalates and paraben present on cosmetics these days, it's sure scary hun.

Cadelaria 03-24-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 2453)
Never heard if they ship to UK too. I think it's better to contact their customer support team to confirm this.

Yes, that's the best thing to do. I'll do it myself too if I get a chance and get back to you!