PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   To Wed or Not to Wed (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/to-wed-or-not-to-wed-190/)

Fanny 01-05-2013 08:23 AM

Re: To Wed or Not to Wed

Thanks to your replies. :)

@Abana- I've suggested about the domestic partnership and I think it's one of her options moving forward.

Dalinda 01-12-2013 01:14 PM

I admire your concern for your friend but please don't feel so stressed about it. Getting married isn't a sure way to happiness. Domestic partnership is the best choice in her situation. It's expensive to get married, so does getting a divorce. Not only a financial burden but also more on an emotional strain. They should live together and raise their own family, face whatever issues they have. Time can only tell if their relationship will work or not. We can only pray that everything will be for the good of the baby.

Adalira 01-31-2013 06:43 PM

I agree with the above comments. Though some might find the idea of domestic partnership a little taboo, I still believe that it does help in testing the waters first before jumping something huge like a marriage itself.

Cadelaria 02-11-2013 10:35 PM

Marriage isn't something that your friend could easily dump if something turns out not right. But if she and her guy feel that they could face whatever challenges that would come along their way with strength and patience, then I guess they are on the right path. As for me, give it a year or two before tying the knot. Very expensive to get married and the same goes in filing for a divorce! :(

Adalira 03-02-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 2010)
As for me, give it a year or two before tying the knot. Very expensive to get married and the same goes in filing for a divorce! :(

Exactly! Unless of course you're a type of couple who has the funds and all, then it wouldn't be an issue. But the financial hassle isn't only the issue. It's how the kid/s get affected by the separation and the effects of it that'll manifest later on in their lives that concerns me.

Halia 03-10-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 2324)
Exactly! Unless of course you're a type of couple who has the funds and all, then it wouldn't be an issue. But the financial hassle isn't only the issue. It's how the kid/s get affected by the separation and the effects of it that'll manifest later on in their lives that concerns me.

I second. It's also the same reason as to why I've chosen to give my beau a chance to live with me despite his heroin addiction. Like giving it a last shot if it works. All for the baby.

Adalira 03-13-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halia (Post 2429)
I second. It's also the same reason as to why I've chosen to give my beau a chance to live with me despite his heroin addiction. Like giving it a last shot if it works. All for the baby.

And you've got the right attitude and judgement in doing so Halia. Good job!

Daja 03-14-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

In the end, it's all about what's best for the baby :)

Gemma 03-15-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

That's a very big risk you have taken. But I respect you for that. I wish all will turn out well for you and your baby.

Halia 03-20-2013 09:23 PM

@ Daja and Gemma - Thanks for those encouraging words. :)