PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Essential Threads (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/essential-threads/)
-   -   Unplanned Pregnancy Thread (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/unplanned-pregnancy-thread-232/)

Abana 11-24-2012 12:56 AM

Unplanned Pregnancy Thread

Let's talk about everything about this topic and anything related to it!
:)

Idalia 12-17-2012 12:44 AM

Re: Unplanned Pregnancy Thread

Mine is unplanned but I don't give a fuss about it. I love the thought of having my baby next year!

Edda 01-03-2013 08:26 PM

For adults, being responsible in having a protected sex could prevent unplanned pregnancies from happening. For teens, awareness is the key. A baby is truly a blessing, but I think it's ideal to have a baby when the parents are both physically, emotionally and financially ready.. After all, it's for the benefit of the baby mostly.

Fanny 01-05-2013 08:11 AM

I can't imagine how ironic it is: Other mums who don't have any plans of having babies get pregnant, and mums like me who'd do everything to get pregger always look at the negative PT stripes like a candle flame being blown by a wind... :(

Dalinda 01-27-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1159)
I can't imagine how ironic it is: Other mums who don't have any plans of having babies get pregnant, and mums like me who'd do everything to get pregger always look at the negative PT stripes like a candle flame being blown by a wind... :(

Oh come on Fanny, cheer up! That happy day will surely come for you. Cheer up hun!

Fanny 02-03-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 1685)
Oh come on Fanny, cheer up! That happy day will surely come for you. Cheer up hun!

Thanks Dalinda and I apologize for exuding too much negativity. I'm still sad but now I'm trying to have a better outlook in life. My hubby and I are sweeter than ever compared before that we're so pressured of having a baby.. Well at least I've improved and that's what I believe.

Adalira 02-11-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1863)
Thanks Dalinda and I apologize for exuding too much negativity. I'm still sad but now I'm trying to have a better outlook in life. My hubby and I are sweeter than ever compared before that we're so pressured of having a baby.. Well at least I've improved and that's what I believe.

We're so proud of you Fanny. That's just great. There are a lot of good things in life and focusing too much energy and worry on something that only God has the answer is might as well futile. So it's great that you're doing everything to have a baby and you're doing everything to enjoy the other aspects of life's beauty as well. Way to go!!!

Cadelaria 02-27-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 766)
Mine is unplanned but I don't give a fuss about it. I love the thought of having my baby next year!

What a courageous heart for a young spirit! I admire that. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

Cadelaria 03-02-2013 08:49 AM

BTW Dalinda, any news on your new baby? Can't wait for your stories!

Adalira 03-13-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 2260)
What a courageous heart for a young spirit! I admire that. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

So true. It's like some have their reasons in opting for an abortion. It's a no-no for me, no offence to some. And I give a salute to those moms who defies everything just to have their babies.

Edda 03-13-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 2496)
So true. It's like some have their reasons in opting for an abortion. It's a no-no for me, no offence to some. And I give a salute to those moms who defies everything just to have their babies.

Same here, never saw Abortion as an option no matter what unless for medical reasons like the risk of an ectopic pregnancy or something.

Abana 03-23-2013 08:04 AM

Me too. Unless it's super life-threatening to the mum or the baby, I won't go for an abortion. It's against everything and anything when it comes to my principles.

Gaetana 04-07-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 2647)
Me too. Unless it's super life-threatening to the mum or the baby, I won't go for an abortion. It's against everything and anything when it comes to my principles.

I agree. I couldn't see myself as well having abortion as one of my optiobs. Some who are victims of rape opt to choose this path. I don't wanna judge them but for me, I think it's way better to keep it first and get through the pregnancy and just have her baby adopted by a childless couple legally. That's more ideal for me than putting a halt on the baby's life right there and then.

Fanny 04-21-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2809)
I agree. I couldn't see myself as well having abortion as one of my optiobs. Some who are victims of rape opt to choose this path. I don't wanna judge them but for me, I think it's way better to keep it first and get through the pregnancy and just have her baby adopted by a childless couple legally. That's more ideal for me than putting a halt on the baby's life right there and then.

Yes, I feel the same. If a mom is a rape victim and doesn't wanna keep the child, it's way better to have her child up for adoption instead of an abortion.

Baha 05-05-2013 12:48 PM

I second the above posts. Personally, I wouldn't opt for one. But if a relative or a close friend opts for one for personal reason I don't have any right to judge them whatsoever. I'll give her a piece of my mind and if she still chooses to, I'd respect that choice.

Fanny 05-18-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 3117)
I second the above posts. Personally, I wouldn't opt for one. But if a relative or a close friend opts for one for personal reason I don't have any right to judge them whatsoever. I'll give her a piece of my mind and if she still chooses to, I'd respect that choice.

Couldn't help but agree with you Baha.

Abana 06-01-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 3117)

Uh-huh. We could only advise so much but at the end of the day they're the ones responsible for their own actions- no one to blame but them!

Gaetana 06-09-2013 02:32 PM

I second Abana. But sometimes it just pisses me off when you put all of your effort to giving a sound advise and your friend chooses otherwise. Ugh!

Cadelaria 06-28-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 3488)
I second Abana. But sometimes it just pisses me off when you put all of your effort to giving a sound advise and your friend chooses otherwise. Ugh!

Hahaha, so relatable! It's like wasting your energies (and saliva at that, LOL!)... Oh well, the sacrifices of friendship.

Abana 07-17-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 3488)

Oh, so true! I've been on that path numerous times before and believe me, it's stressful and enlightening at the same time.

Cadelaria 08-03-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 3827)
Oh, so true! I've been on that path numerous times before and believe me, it's stressful and enlightening at the same time.

No, it's more of stressful and draining! LOL. But kidding aside, we're ready to give that sorta sacrifices for our friends' sake. It's terrible having people you care about undergo challenges with a magnitude as this choice.

Fanny 08-10-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 3361)
Uh-huh. We could only advise so much but at the end of the day they're the ones responsible for their own actions- no one to blame but them!

Yep, all but them! :(

Baha 08-18-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 4002)
Yep, all but them! :(

Perhaps you mean, "no one" but them, right? Anyhow, it feels frustrating really that for our friends to realize things they have to go through it the hard way.

Abana 09-05-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 3929)
No, it's more of stressful and draining! LOL. But kidding aside, we're ready to give that sorta sacrifices for our friends' sake. It's terrible having people you care about undergo challenges with a magnitude as this choice.

Only goes to show that we sometimes need to learn life's lessons the hard way.

Adalira 09-13-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 4094)
Perhaps you mean, "no one" but them, right? Anyhow, it feels frustrating really that for our friends to realize things they have to go through it the hard way.

These are applicable to all of us- learning life's lessons the hard way. It isn't always a bed of roses. Bittersweet, I should say.

Dalinda 10-02-2013 09:50 PM

I think there should be more support groups and organizations focusing on this one so as to help moms avoid depression due to feeling of helplessness while having an unplanned pregnancy.

Gaetana 10-25-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 4460)
I think there should be more support groups and organizations focusing on this one so as to help moms avoid depression due to feeling of helplessness while having an unplanned pregnancy.

Especially with single mums to be and those dealing with teen pregnancy, truly these groups are of a necessity.

Baha 11-12-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 4332)
These are applicable to all of us- learning life's lessons the hard way. It isn't always a bed of roses. Bittersweet, I should say.

That's what life is all about. Happiness and sorrow always coexist. We just have to savor what life has to offer till the very end.

Halia 11-29-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 4460)

I so agree on this one. Motherhood is difficult but the pregnancy itself gives a lot of odd feelings to the mum on different aspects.

Abana 12-07-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 4716)
That's what life is all about. Happiness and sorrow always coexist. We just have to savor what life has to offer till the very end.

Just think about the brevity of it and life will be viewed in a different perspective for sure.

Adalira 12-15-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 4879)
Just think about the brevity of it and life will be viewed in a different perspective for sure.

You're right but sometimes it's very difficult to be feeling depressed especially if mom is facing a lot of troubles while pregnant. I mean, even us who are not facing one tend to get so down and moody when we have our bad days.

Abana 12-26-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 4963)
You're right but sometimes it's very difficult to be feeling depressed especially if mom is facing a lot of troubles while pregnant. I mean, even us who are not facing one tend to get so down and moody when we have our bad days.

You've got a point too and I experienced that especially during the Christmas rush but we're all in control of it afterwards. We women have very high EQ I should say! :)