PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Money Matters Thread (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/money-matters-thread-236/)

Dalinda 01-27-2013 08:48 AM

Re: Money Matters Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 1239)
I didn't buy a car seat yet but ended up having this! A nappy bag that doesn't look like one! Love it!

http://www.toysrus.com.au/www/732/files/134473_2_tn.jpg

It's cool Idalia. Such a great buy!

Dalinda 01-27-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 365)
What kind of investment/thing do you plan after you give birth or in the future?

Investment- A townhouse (but still saving up for the down payment!)
Thing- an iPhone 5 (it's a shame I still don't have one, need to prepare for my delivery than that!)

Tell yours!

Ditto!

@ Fanny and Gemma - you couldn't go wrong with REI as long as the location is ok. Not all properties appreciate in value. It's still the location that matters.

Gaetana 02-03-2013 11:51 AM

I agree with you Dalinda, it does depend on the location. My sissy had some real estate investment 4 times and failed on the 5th property they've put their money on. Lots of research and feasibility study should be practised before jumping into anything no matter how expert we are on a certain field.

Edda 02-13-2013 06:43 PM

Speaking of apps, I think apps on finances and budgeting are great companions in managing our income and staying out of debt for sure.

Abana 02-23-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 1882)
I agree with you Dalinda, it does depend on the location. My sissy had some real estate investment 4 times and failed on the 5th property they've put their money on. Lots of research and feasibility study should be practised before jumping into anything no matter how expert we are on a certain field.

So true, we need to give time, effort and painstakingly decide on a big investment as we are not hardcore business tycoons ourselves that if we fail (knocking on wood) it won't be too much of something that would crush our spirit.

Cadelaria 03-01-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 2226)
So true, we need to give time, effort and painstakingly decide on a big investment as we are not hardcore business tycoons ourselves that if we fail (knocking on wood) it won't be too much of something that would crush our spirit.

Couldn't agree more Abana. With the status of our economy these days, we have to think over and over again, along research etc. on the best kind of investment we put our funds onto. Money is still money.

Gaetana 03-08-2013 03:20 PM

@ Edda- Yes they are extremely helpful but I find having the old school notepad seem more convenient.

Adalira 03-13-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2405)
@ Edda- Yes they are extremely helpful but I find having the old school notepad seem more convenient.

I agree. Sometimes there's this intermittent internet connection when I use a certain money app so I end up having to list down on a piece of paper the stuff that I needed to do and goodies to purchase.

Idalia 03-21-2013 01:21 AM

How about investing in forex?
I've heard a lot about www.forex-metal.com and this broker has helped my uncle earn big time in trading.

Hmm... Need to educate myself then on this!

Cadelaria 03-24-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 2641)
How about investing in forex?
I've heard a lot about www.forex-metal.com and this broker has helped my uncle earn big time in trading.

Hmm... Need to educate myself then on this!

Oh looks interesting. Will check out the link. Thanks Idalia.