PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Are you ready for another baby? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/are-you-ready-for-another-baby-266/)

Fabiola 11-27-2012 07:34 AM

Are you ready for another baby?

How can you say you are ready for another baby? Do you count the number of years? My sister says it would be better if they are like 4 years apart? Do you base it on the amount of your salary? Other reasons?

Adalira 11-27-2012 05:24 PM

Re: Another baby?

I think a 2-3 year gap is ideal. The first 2 years-3 years is very crucial to a child's development, hence it's best if the parents are able to focus on the child on the said years. Also for them to be prepared emotionally, physically (especially for C-section moms) and financially.

Gemma 11-28-2012 01:47 AM

I agree with Adalira. 2 to 3 years sounds right. At least, they will have their fair share of attention and care. If you have another baby after a year, somehow you will not be able to focus your attention anymore on one. In any case, it will be too much stress for you

Cailyn 11-29-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiola (Post 396)
How can you say you are ready for another baby? Do you count the number of years? My sister says it would be better if they are like 4 years apart? Do you base it on the amount of your salary? Other reasons?

Well, a lot of factors must be considered. You have to be sure you are financially and emotionally stable. Could you afford to take care and raise another kid right now? Are you having any troubles with your relationship or everything is well?

Baha 12-22-2012 08:13 PM

If you have the funds and enough support system then you could have a baby as often as you and your hubby want to!! But there are health concerns too so you can only do this if you're not that susceptible to pregnancy complications and getting pregnant for you is like a walk in a park.

Cailyn 01-13-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 837)
If you have the funds and enough support system then you could have a baby as often as you and your hubby want to!! But there are health concerns too so you can only do this if you're not that susceptible to pregnancy complications and getting pregnant for you is like a walk in a park.

I can't help it but I find this hilarious! "you could have a baby as often as you and your hubby want to" I actually imagined a couple surrounded by dozens of kids! LOL

Daja 01-18-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 1371)
I can't help it but I find this hilarious! "you could have a baby as often as you and your hubby want to" I actually imagined a couple surrounded by dozens of kids! LOL

LOL! But I have read some news on the internet that there is a woman who had 22 children! IMAGINE THAT! :D

Abana 01-18-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 837)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 1371)

I can't see anything wrong with what Baha said. If people from other nationalities could make babies without having stable jobs then why would a financially-capable couple who dreams of having a big family couldn't do that. If Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt could do that then I don't think a couple who are fully capable in meeting their family's needs should be deprived of that.
It's just respect on each and every couple's preferences and decisions my dear.

Daja 01-19-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 1448)
I can't see anything wrong with what Baha said. If people from other nationalities could make babies without having stable jobs then why would a financially-capable couple who dreams of having a big family couldn't do that. If Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt could do that then I don't think a couple who are fully capable in meeting their family's needs should be deprived of that.
It's just respect on each and every couple's preferences and decisions my dear.

Awww... I agree there is nothing wrong with what Baha said. Indeed, it is a matter of preferences. Personally though, I do not find it wise to make a lot of babies if a couple does not have stable jobs... I mean, you have to think about the children's future... Also, if a couple say have 10 kids, I totally doubt that each kid will receive equal and enough amount of attention and care from their parents that they need even if they have all the money in the world. I mean butlers and nannies are not enough. In addition, having too many kids is not healthy for the mother....

As for Cailyn, I don't think she meant anything wrong by her post. Even I found it funny. As she said, she imagined "dozens of kids". Perhaps it is only a matter of perception.

Gaetana 01-19-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daja (Post 1455)
Awww... I agree there is nothing wrong with what Baha said. Indeed, it is a matter of preferences. Personally though, I do not find it wise to make a lot of babies if a couple does not have stable jobs... I mean, you have to think about the children's future... Also, if a couple say have 10 kids, I totally doubt that each kid will receive equal and enough amount of attention and care from their parents that they need even if they have all the money in the world. I mean butlers and nannies are not enough. In addition, having too many kids is not healthy for the mother....

As for Cailyn, I don't think she meant anything wrong by her post. Even I found it funny. As she said, she imagined "dozens of kids". Perhaps it is only a matter of perception.

Nothing hilarious on Baha's statement. If hubby and I have lots of money and have stable jobs then we will definitely go lotsa baby making. Who doesn't want to have a lot of kids whom you'll leave your legacy to. That is, "if you have the funds" and employment stability. Also, by my saying of funds I'm talking about insurance, education, food, shelter, love and attention. If a couple have these along with their dream of a big family, then they're good to go! :)