PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Getting Pregnant Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/getting-pregnant-forum/)
-   -   Am I ready for an IVF? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/am-i-ready-for-an-ivf-277/)

Fanny 11-28-2012 06:28 PM

Am I ready for an IVF?

In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a process by which an egg is fertilised by sperm outside the body: in vitro. IVF is a major treatment for infertility when other methods of assisted reproductive technology have failed. The process involves monitoring a woman's ovulatory process, removing ovum or ova (egg or eggs) from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a fluid medium in a laboratory. When a woman's natural cycle is monitored to collect a naturally selected ovum (egg) for fertilisation, it is known as natural cycle IVF. The fertilised egg (zygote) is then transferred to the patient's uterus with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy. The first successful birth of a "test tube baby", Louise Brown, occurred in 1978. Louise Brown was born as a result of natural cycle IVF. Robert G. Edwards, the physiologist who developed the treatment, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2010.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_fertilisation

Here is my question: Is it ok for me to go through this method? Me and dear hubby are only trying for 3 months, you think having an IVF should be done at a later time? How much would it cost me here in UK? Any ideas? Thank you!!!!

Halia 11-29-2012 08:01 PM

Re: Am I ready for an IVF?

Too early. I think IVF is advisable if you're LTTTC / Long Term TCC...

Edda 12-06-2012 09:51 PM

I agree. Bloody early hun! Take your time with other alternatives.

Cailyn 12-09-2012 12:01 AM

Still too early! You are just waiting for 3 months... I know some who have waited for years and manage to have a child naturally!

Fanny 12-23-2012 12:39 AM

Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I appreciate them... I guess it's too early. But there are times that we wanted to have out baby by hook or by crook! LOL. Cheers!

Cadelaria 01-12-2013 03:51 PM

Yeah, it's too early. Enjoy the honeymoon stage first. IVF is also expensive so better to save up first or invest your money while waiting for your bundle of joy! :)

Fanny 02-03-2013 10:48 AM

So true Cadelaria. I've asked my practitioner about IVF and it's gonna cost us lots of quids too. The chance also is 50/50. I guess it is the last option. Now we have to try all the options first before plunging onto that.

Abana 03-10-2013 01:34 PM

Whoa dear, still not a time to go for an IVF. I agree with the previous posts, try other simpler (and cheaper) methods first. And IVF doesn't provide a 100% guarantee of you getting pregnant so it's best to try on focusing on your ovulation first and wait for a bit. I'm also a TTCer so Good luck to us! :)

Cadelaria 03-24-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 2459)
Whoa dear, still not a time to go for an IVF. I agree with the previous posts, try other simpler (and cheaper) methods first. And IVF doesn't provide a 100% guarantee of you getting pregnant so it's best to try on focusing on your ovulation first and wait for a bit. I'm also a TTCer so Good luck to us! :)

Couldn't agree with you more Abana.

Abana 06-01-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 2696)
Couldn't agree with you more Abana.

Yeah, there are multiple ways to try on first before opting for an IVF. The thread which Fabiola has started would be helpful too. Title is "FERTILITY MASSAGE". I've posted a video there on how to do one. FX it works for us!

Gaetana 06-09-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 3372)
Yeah, there are multiple ways to try on first before opting for an IVF. The thread which Fabiola has started would be helpful too. Title is "FERTILITY MASSAGE". I've posted a video there on how to do one. FX it works for us!

Yep, seen that vid. Looks interesting Abana.

Adalira 08-24-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 447)
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a process by which an egg is fertilised by sperm outside the body: in vitro. IVF is a major treatment for infertility when other methods of assisted reproductive technology have failed. The process involves monitoring a woman's ovulatory process, removing ovum or ova (egg or eggs) from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a fluid medium in a laboratory. When a woman's natural cycle is monitored to collect a naturally selected ovum (egg) for fertilisation, it is known as natural cycle IVF. The fertilised egg (zygote) is then transferred to the patient's uterus with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy. The first successful birth of a "test tube baby", Louise Brown, occurred in 1978. Louise Brown was born as a result of natural cycle IVF. Robert G. Edwards, the physiologist who developed the treatment, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2010.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_fertilisation

Here is my question: Is it ok for me to go through this method? Me and dear hubby are only trying for 3 months, you think having an IVF should be done at a later time? How much would it cost me here in UK? Any ideas? Thank you!!!!

I've heard it's expensive and there's no guarantee that it'll be successful the first time. Also, it's way too early to have one Fanny.

Baha 09-07-2013 08:39 AM

Way too early for an IVF I should say.

Halia 10-26-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 875)
Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I appreciate them... I guess it's too early. But there are times that we wanted to have out baby by hook or by crook! LOL. Cheers!

And also not a guarantee if you go for it. Good luck and it's great to know that the procedure went well girl!

Dalinda 11-04-2013 01:38 AM

@ Fanny- Oh, thanks for sharing that IVF info. How about going through medical treatment alongside TCM?

Idalia 11-29-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 4677)
@ Fanny- Oh, thanks for sharing that IVF info. How about going through medical treatment alongside TCM?

I believe that's a great idea too so as not to miss a thing in conception.

Baha 12-12-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 4677)

Yeah, doing both. The challenge in here is that it might be difficult to find which method didn't work, which to avoid and which was effective.

Gaetana 12-19-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 4922)
Yeah, doing both. The challenge in here is that it might be difficult to find which method didn't work, which to avoid and which was effective.

And I'm totally sure that it's much more costly.

Abana 12-26-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 4922)

Makes sense as it's the most ideal method but I second Gaetana, money wise it's much more expensive.