PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   What did you sacrifice most on your pregnancy? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/what-did-you-sacrifice-most-on-your-pregnancy-293/)

Abana 12-01-2012 06:50 PM

What did you sacrifice most on your pregnancy?

When we had our eldest, me and my hubby were paying off our student loans. We had no investment whatsoever and decided to just do our big time purchases when the baby arrives.
Easier said than done.
Well, it's easier to pay bills but saving up? Hell no.

What did I sacrifice most? It's the freedom from responsibility.

But saying that matter of factly, I'm not gonna trade the joys of motherhood with that freedom. Hell no too.

Baha 12-04-2012 01:33 AM

Re: What did you sacrifice most on your pregnancy?

^^^ Hell no too! Cliche, I know, but I ain't gonna trade the experience of mommyhood with anything!

Baha 12-04-2012 01:38 AM

I do think that the percentage of women wanting to settle down and have kids is higher than those ladies who just wanna party all night with booze and boys though...

Oh, and to answer your question, I sacrificed my youth.
I got married when I was 22 and had our first baby at the age of 23. So on my next life, I prefer settling down at around 28. Haha, negotiation!

Cadelaria 12-04-2012 10:05 PM

studies, time and $$$

I sacrificed a lot on my first pregnancy. I had to delay my studies, had to take an extra job and also lessened the quality time with my hubby. But everything's worth it! The adjustment period is quite difficult, but we've appreciated every moment once we got the hang of it! My family is my life so no regrets!

Adalira 12-05-2012 10:08 PM

My career and post-graduate studies. Have to stay home and focus on my first pregnancy. But it's fine, I can go back anytime! :)

Abana 12-20-2012 06:33 PM

Oh, well I guess we're all on the same boat ladies!! :)

Halia 12-27-2012 10:48 PM

I sacrificed my clubbing and late night outs. But I can still do it after I give birth but moderately or occasionally. Need to give more time to my bubs!!

Adalira 01-31-2013 06:04 PM

Right now, it's the energy to do whatever I wanna do and the comfort I had before. Pregnancy gives a woman's body a lot of changes and oftentimes these changes go with pain and discomfort.

Abigail 02-01-2013 10:48 PM

This might sound bad to some but I have to say... I sacrifice... my shopping money! LOL! What I mean is, before I spend a lot of money on clothes and shoes. Now, I limit that so as to buy baby things! ^^

Edda 02-03-2013 07:29 AM

Nothing! LOL. Well, hubby and I were extremely trying to have a baby before and now that we're expecting, we can't ask for more. I think I could say that we had to give up some of our whims but we've already given some when we got married. So I think we're fine. Having a baby is so far the best thing that we could have in this life.