PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Yummy recipes and meals for expecting moms (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/yummy-recipes-and-meals-for-expecting-moms-441/)

Baha 12-29-2012 07:26 AM

Yummy recipes and meals for expecting moms

Hello everyone!

Anyone kind enough to share recipes or nutritious meals and desserts that are both yummy and healthy for an expecting mom? I know it's kinda late for me to be asking this but I'm due to give birth late next month and I've been on a diet for several months now, given the fact that it's the holiday season, I thought, why not enjoy the scrumptious meals, right?

I look forward to your responses! Thanks! :D:D

Edda 01-03-2013 09:03 PM

Very easy to prepare! Yummy and healthy!

Meze Platter With Roasted Pepper Dip

source

Lower calorie mini-meals, like this dip served with vegetables and pita, can help minimize indigestion and heartburn during your third trimester and will let you snack throughout the day without overdoing it.

Blend grilled or roasted red peppers, canned white beans, olive oil, garlic and salt in a food processer for the dip that will keep in the fridge for at least three days. Serve with your favorite fresh veggies including carrots, cucumber, olives and cherry tomatoes and warm pita bread or crunchy pita chips.

Baha 01-12-2013 03:08 PM

Re: Yummy recipes and meals for expecting moms

Thanks dear. Haven't done it but it sure does look yummy and healthy! Not only that, very easy to do!

More recipes please, especially on healthy deserts! Thanks! :)

Edda 02-03-2013 06:59 AM

I could guarantee that it is yummy! :) Yes, will share some desserts for you and our lovely girls in here. :)

Adalira 03-13-2013 07:57 PM

Mousse a la Banana

This creamy dessert is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons 1% milk

4 teaspoons sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 medium banana, cut in quarters

1 cup plain low fat yogurt

8 1/4-inch banana slices

1. Place milk, sugar, vanilla, and banana in blender. Process 15 seconds at high speed until smooth.

2. Pour mixture into a small bowl; fold in yogurt. Chill. Spoon into 4 dessert dishes; garnish each with 2 banana slices just before serving.

Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 cup

Source

Edda 03-13-2013 08:47 PM

Thanks for sharing that recipe Adalira. Mousse is an all-time favourite of mine. It's just that I need to control my sugar intake now that I'm brewing. :(

Fanny 03-14-2013 05:59 PM

@ Adalira- I'm a fan of that. Glad you shared a yummy recipe like this. Oh, I forgot to mention how easy this dessert is to be prepared. Cheers! :)

Gaetana 03-14-2013 08:14 PM

Yes, from the looks of it, this dessert indeed doesn't take too much effort, time and money. I'm so trying to do this! :)

Halia 03-20-2013 10:05 PM

Any recipes on fat free chocolate cakes or cupcakes please? Thanks ladies! :)

Abigail 03-24-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 2502)
Mousse a la Banana

This creamy dessert is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons 1% milk

4 teaspoons sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 medium banana, cut in quarters

1 cup plain low fat yogurt

8 1/4-inch banana slices

1. Place milk, sugar, vanilla, and banana in blender. Process 15 seconds at high speed until smooth.

2. Pour mixture into a small bowl; fold in yogurt. Chill. Spoon into 4 dessert dishes; garnish each with 2 banana slices just before serving.

Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 cup

Source

I'm gonna try this one!