PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Getting Pregnant Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/getting-pregnant-forum/)
-   -   Use Canola Oil instead of lubes... (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/use-canola-oil-instead-of-lubes-499/)

Fanny 01-05-2013 07:26 AM

Use Canola Oil instead of lubes...

Yeah, you've read it right. Better using the healthy cooking oil instead of the lubes you buy on drugstores and grocery stores...

I've read on a pregnancy mag that we who are TTC should avoid spermicides and other lubricants because these pleasure enhancers are factors in preventing pregnancy... If, and only if, sex is uncomfortable, use canola oil instead.. Ok?

:D

Tell me who does this first!!!

Cailyn 01-05-2013 08:58 PM

Re: Use Canola Oil instead of lubes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1150)
Yeah, you've read it right. Better using the healthy cooking oil instead of the lubes you buy on drugstores and grocery stores...

I've read on a pregnancy mag that we who are TTC should avoid spermicides and other lubricants because these pleasure enhancers are factors in preventing pregnancy... If, and only if, sex is uncomfortable, use canola oil instead.. Ok?

:D

Tell me who does this first!!!

Really? Canola oil? lol! Gonna add it to my grocery list then!

Idalia 01-09-2013 06:41 PM

Didn't know that canola oil isn't only good for the heart but is also great for sex! Healthy it is! LOL

I think it might feel weird in the beginning. :eek:

Abana 01-09-2013 07:05 PM

Seriously? Will be throwing our lubes then.. Canola Oil, here we come!

Fanny 01-19-2013 08:51 PM

Hey girls, hubby and I tried it! Indeed it's bloody odd at first but it's equally comfortable as compared to lubes. Topped it off with a peace of mind that it's all good and natural then DTD has never been that good!

Idalia 01-24-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1499)
Hey girls, hubby and I tried it! Indeed it's bloody odd at first but it's equally comfortable as compared to lubes. Topped it off with a peace of mind that it's all good and natural then DTD has never been that good!

How does it smell? Can't imagine how odd it is the first time! LOL.

Abigail 01-27-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1499)

Oh my! I saw this before and I did not expect someone will really try it! Kudos to you adventurous girl! :D I guess we all just have to try it too to have our share of the experience. :p

Dalinda 01-27-2013 08:19 AM

All the good indeed! ;)

Fabiola 02-09-2013 09:45 PM

Ooooh... I love it! It's so organic. :P Maybe I'll try it soon! ha!

Abana 02-23-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 1655)
Oh my! I saw this before and I did not expect someone will really try it! Kudos to you adventurous girl! :D I guess we all just have to try it too to have our share of the experience. :p

I second! Way to go Fanny, keep us posted! Kidding. :)

Gemma 02-27-2013 06:26 AM

Wow. I just saw this thread! Ha! Perhaps I will try this on a weekend night. :p

Cadelaria 03-01-2013 12:10 AM

Whoa! Let's see who gets to enjoy this stuff! As for me, uhm, a little bit hesitant now. I couldn't imagine myself using that at the kitchen then on the bed! LOL! :D

Fanny 03-03-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 2271)
Whoa! Let's see who gets to enjoy this stuff! As for me, uhm, a little bit hesitant now. I couldn't imagine myself using that at the kitchen then on the bed! LOL! :D

I know! Safe, sexy and healthy! Who wouldn't want that dear? :p

Abana 03-23-2013 08:45 AM

How about cornstarch and water?

Just wanting to share this:

Lubricants are used to reduce friction between two moving surfaces. Personal lubricants are frequently used for sexual intercourse. You can make your own personal lubricant at home with corn starch and water. If you are allergic to corn, you can use potato starch instead. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes to complete and should only be used externally.

Read more: Recipe for Personal Lubricant | eHow.com

Abigail 03-24-2013 02:00 AM

Re: How about cornstarch and water?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 2650)

Lubricants are used to reduce friction between two moving surfaces. Personal lubricants are frequently used for sexual intercourse. You can make your own personal lubricant at home with corn starch and water. If you are allergic to corn, you can use potato starch instead. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes to complete and should only be used externally.

Let's get baking then! :P

Dalinda 03-24-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 2661)
Let's get baking then! :P

LOL.
But I guess that's ultimately helpful to women who are allergic to synthetic lubricants, right?

Cadelaria 03-24-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Yes, quite helpful IF and ONLY IF you're allergic. But if I'm not I'm so not gonna try this one. But thanks though for sharing Abana.

Halia 06-20-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Whoa, organic? This is just cool! Dunno if I have the guts to create one though! :)

Gaetana 08-11-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Oh, an organic lube! That's just interesting. Now checking it out. Cheers!

Cadelaria 09-07-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halia (Post 3543)
Dunno if I have the guts to create one though! :)

Or the guts of using one, lol!

Adalira 10-19-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 2675)
LOL.
But I guess that's ultimately helpful to women who are allergic to synthetic lubricants, right?

Yup! They're the one's who'll benefit more from this concoction.

Cadelaria 11-17-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 4558)
Yup! They're the one's who'll benefit more from this concoction.

Whoa, what a word! Concoction in terms of lube? Me likey!

Adalira 11-22-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 4739)
Whoa, what a word! Concoction in terms of lube? Me likey!

Yeah, me too. But I bet it's weird at first. :confused:

Cadelaria 12-14-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 4758)

As with anything new, I bet it is too.

Fanny 12-18-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Bet it would feel odd at first. :confused:

Idalia 12-21-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 4758)

Uh- huh. "Odd' is the word!

Abana 12-26-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 4987)
Bet it would feel odd at first. :confused:

Yeah, I think it is! But everything is good in there! Let's see who oughtta try! :p