PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Quotes on Motherhood :) (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/quotes-on-motherhood-642/)

Abigail 01-31-2013 07:12 AM

Re: On a lighter note...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 1743)

TOTALLY AGREE! LOL! I still remember myself... so angry and afraid when my Mom discovered by Journal! :S

Cailyn 01-31-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 1776)
TOTALLY AGREE! LOL! I still remember myself... so angry and afraid when my Mom discovered by Journal! :S

Oh my... your Mom read your Journal??? But that's terrible! :eek:

Cailyn 01-31-2013 07:56 AM

Re: Quotes on Motherhood :)

Here's one I like:

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain

My sentiments exactly Mr. Twain! :D

Adalira 01-31-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 1780)
Oh my... your Mom read your Journal??? But that's terrible! :eek:

Mom! Privacy puh-lease!!! :mad:

Adalira 01-31-2013 05:00 PM

@ Abana - Thanks for the share. Luv it!
@ Abigail and Cadelaria - I so agree with those quotes...

Adalira 01-31-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 1702)
Thank you for sharing this Abana. My mom is as strong woman. I believe she's very strong physically and had loads of energy before. When my dad passed away, suddenly she became a little weak physically . The death of my dad was really an eye-opener. It's true the thought of "death" is so faraway if it hasn't happened to you before. I love my dad but the pain of losing him was unimaginable. Now I became more protective to my mom. As much as possible, I've realized how brief life is. And every time I look through her eyes, it's as if I am also looking at my dad's.

That's so touching. Don't worry, those dear to our hearts who have passed away become our guardian angels now. It's painful indeed. Devastating is the right word, but we need to move on and take good care of the next generation. And bear in mind that our forefathers are immortal - their blood runs through our veins and on the next generations' so let's take comfort on that. They will always be around us. Cheer up! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 1743)

Haha, you got it! :D

Abigail 02-01-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 1793)
Mom! Privacy puh-lease!!! :mad:

Yeah... I know... :S It was really terrible. But I think I am not alone in this.

Edda 02-03-2013 08:18 AM

Lovely shares! :)
My turn:

Fanny 02-03-2013 10:38 AM

Thank you Abana for sharing that. I've actually shared that on my FB page. It reminds us on the sacrifices our moms had to go through just to give us the best. I was legally adopted and I've met my biological mom when I was 10. Because of their honesty of telling me the truth, I was able to face my life and deal with them in such a way that I am able to love them. Each day is a chance for me to show my gratitude to them. I owe my adoptive parents and my biological folks my life. And I couldn't imagine my life without them. Biological or adoptive moms, what you shared is just truly about LOVE.

Gaetana 02-03-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1865)
Thank you Abana for sharing that. I've actually shared that on my FB page. It reminds us on the sacrifices our moms had to go through just to give us the best. I was legally adopted and I've met my biological mom when I was 10. Because of their honesty of telling me the truth, I was able to face my life and deal with them in such a way that I am able to love them. Each day is a chance for me to show my gratitude to them. I owe my adoptive parents and my biological folks my life. And I couldn't imagine my life without them. Biological or adoptive moms, what you shared is just truly about LOVE.

That made me teary eyed. My first child is being adopted by my hubby and our family has never thought of him as someone adopted. My hubby loved him as his own and I could truly relate to what you've said.