PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Quotes on Motherhood :) (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/quotes-on-motherhood-642/)

Halia 02-05-2013 06:24 PM

Re: Quotes on Motherhood :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 1848)

@ Abana and Edda - I cried when I read your posts. Led me to tons of realizations on just a few lines....

Halia 02-05-2013 06:25 PM

)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 1783)
Here's one I like:

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain

My sentiments exactly Mr. Twain! :D

Yeah oftentimes they're angry on the surface but deep inside I think they're laughing out loud when we do something bloody silly! ;)

Cadelaria 02-07-2013 10:55 PM

Aw girls, those are all touching and true! :)

Fabiola 02-09-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 1848)

Awwww... this is really nice. I hope that when I grow old, my kid will be having a great life and grow up to be a nice person. :)

Edda 02-12-2013 02:22 AM

It's true whatever imperfections we have as humans, our parents consider us as their most valuable possessions. And now that we're going to be mums ourselves, it's now our turn to guide or kids into responsible people who have a good heart.

Fabiola 02-16-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 2043)
It's true whatever imperfections we have as humans, our parents consider us as their most valuable possessions. And now that we're going to be mums ourselves, it's now our turn to guide or kids into responsible people who have a good heart.

You are so right there Edda! I did a lot of awful things when I still did not have a baby... and I am sure that I would still have in the future :P But I know my parents would still love me... specially now that I have given them another baby to dote on! :D I just hope my kid would be less headache compared to me. lol

Gaetana 02-19-2013 08:02 PM

“Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.”

― Jodi Picoult, Perfect Match

Idalia 02-22-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2132)
“Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.”

Couldn't help agreeing on.

Abana 02-23-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2132)

It's quite comforting to know that our moms do feel this towards us eventhough we may have failed them several times! :o

Abana 02-23-2013 12:10 AM

Re: On a lighter note...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 1743)

I AGREE!!! Guilty mom here! :D