PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Quotes on Motherhood :) (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/quotes-on-motherhood-642/)

Abana 01-26-2013 09:41 PM

Quotes on Motherhood :)

Hi ladies! I don't know if this is the right board for this thread. I was about to post this on the Off Topic board but my instinct tells me not to. Haha. I had to post it in here as I believe that the quotes we share with each other will continually inspire us to become the best mum that we could be! We're all children of God and one way or another, despite our life's differences, all of us have our mums whom God has made his instrument to give us the gift of life. The quotes in here aren't only on our own motherhood, but to celebrate the love our own moms shared with us. So let's keep the quotes coming!! :)

Abana 01-26-2013 09:43 PM

Letter from a Mother to her Daughter

Letter from a Mother to a Daughter:

"My dear girl, the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through. If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don’t interrupt to say: “You said the same thing a minute ago”... Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep. When I don’t want to take a bath, don’t be mad and don’t embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl? When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don’t look at me that way... remember, honey, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair and dealing with life’s issues every day... the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through. If I occasionally lose track of what we’re talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can’t, don’t be nervous, impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you. And when my old, tired legs don’t let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked. When those days come, don’t feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love. I’ll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I’ve always had for you, I just want to say, I love you... my darling daughter."

source: https://plus.google.com/106889425288...ts/D9aiQKUxn2b

Abigail 01-27-2013 12:59 AM

Re: Letter from a Mother to her Daughter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 1648)
Letter from a Mother to a Daughter:

"My dear girl, the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through. If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don’t interrupt to say: “You said the same thing a minute ago”... Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep. When I don’t want to take a bath, don’t be mad and don’t embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl? When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don’t look at me that way... remember, honey, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair and dealing with life’s issues every day... the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through. If I occasionally lose track of what we’re talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can’t, don’t be nervous, impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you. And when my old, tired legs don’t let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked. When those days come, don’t feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love. I’ll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I’ve always had for you, I just want to say, I love you... my darling daughter."

source: https://plus.google.com/106889425288...ts/D9aiQKUxn2b

this is really heartwarming... Thanks for sharing this!

Abigail 01-27-2013 01:00 AM

Re: Quotes on Motherhood :)

Here's one I've got from the internet

“Having kids — the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings — is the biggest job anyone can embark on”
― Maria Shriver

:D

Dalinda 01-27-2013 07:15 AM

@ Abana - Oh, so touching! Now that I'm giving birth anytime during the remaining days of January, I feel excited and thankful. Excited coz I'm going to be a mom, and thankful to my mom for giving her best in raising me as a good and loving person I believe I ought to be.

Dalinda 01-27-2013 07:17 AM

@ Abigail - It is indeed true! Doesn't end in childbirth but it's only just the beginning of something very fulfilling.

Baha 01-27-2013 09:57 AM

Thank you for sharing this Abana. My mom is as strong woman. I believe she's very strong physically and had loads of energy before. When my dad passed away, suddenly she became a little weak physically . The death of my dad was really an eye-opener. It's true the thought of "death" is so faraway if it hasn't happened to you before. I love my dad but the pain of losing him was unimaginable. Now I became more protective to my mom. As much as possible, I've realized how brief life is. And every time I look through her eyes, it's as if I am also looking at my dad's.

Cadelaria 01-28-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 1702)
Thank you for sharing this Abana. My mom is as strong woman. I believe she's very strong physically and had loads of energy before. When my dad passed away, suddenly she became a little weak physically . The death of my dad was really an eye-opener. It's true the thought of "death" is so faraway if it hasn't happened to you before. I love my dad but the pain of losing him was unimaginable. Now I became more protective to my mom. As much as possible, I've realized how brief life is. And every time I look through her eyes, it's as if I am also looking at my dad's.

You're right Baha... Sad but true. :(

Cadelaria 01-28-2013 11:06 PM

I love Khalil Gibran

"The mother is everything - she is our consolation in sorrow, our hope in misery, and our strength in weakness. She is the source of love, mercy, sympathy, and forgiveness. He who loses his mother loses a pure soul who blesses and guards him constantly."

- Kahlil Gibran

Cadelaria 01-28-2013 11:12 PM

On a lighter note...

http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/up...tcuBAZcD_b.jpg

Agree? :)

Abigail 01-31-2013 07:12 AM

Re: On a lighter note...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 1743)

TOTALLY AGREE! LOL! I still remember myself... so angry and afraid when my Mom discovered by Journal! :S

Cailyn 01-31-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 1776)
TOTALLY AGREE! LOL! I still remember myself... so angry and afraid when my Mom discovered by Journal! :S

Oh my... your Mom read your Journal??? But that's terrible! :eek:

Cailyn 01-31-2013 07:56 AM

Here's one I like:

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain

My sentiments exactly Mr. Twain! :D

Adalira 01-31-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 1780)
Oh my... your Mom read your Journal??? But that's terrible! :eek:

Mom! Privacy puh-lease!!! :mad:

Adalira 01-31-2013 05:00 PM

@ Abana - Thanks for the share. Luv it!
@ Abigail and Cadelaria - I so agree with those quotes...

Adalira 01-31-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 1702)

That's so touching. Don't worry, those dear to our hearts who have passed away become our guardian angels now. It's painful indeed. Devastating is the right word, but we need to move on and take good care of the next generation. And bear in mind that our forefathers are immortal - their blood runs through our veins and on the next generations' so let's take comfort on that. They will always be around us. Cheer up! :)

Quote:

Haha, you got it! :D

Abigail 02-01-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 1793)
Mom! Privacy puh-lease!!! :mad:

Yeah... I know... :S It was really terrible. But I think I am not alone in this.

Edda 02-03-2013 08:18 AM

Lovely shares! :)
My turn:

Fanny 02-03-2013 10:38 AM

Thank you Abana for sharing that. I've actually shared that on my FB page. It reminds us on the sacrifices our moms had to go through just to give us the best. I was legally adopted and I've met my biological mom when I was 10. Because of their honesty of telling me the truth, I was able to face my life and deal with them in such a way that I am able to love them. Each day is a chance for me to show my gratitude to them. I owe my adoptive parents and my biological folks my life. And I couldn't imagine my life without them. Biological or adoptive moms, what you shared is just truly about LOVE.

Gaetana 02-03-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 1865)
Thank you Abana for sharing that. I've actually shared that on my FB page. It reminds us on the sacrifices our moms had to go through just to give us the best. I was legally adopted and I've met my biological mom when I was 10. Because of their honesty of telling me the truth, I was able to face my life and deal with them in such a way that I am able to love them. Each day is a chance for me to show my gratitude to them. I owe my adoptive parents and my biological folks my life. And I couldn't imagine my life without them. Biological or adoptive moms, what you shared is just truly about LOVE.

That made me teary eyed. My first child is being adopted by my hubby and our family has never thought of him as someone adopted. My hubby loved him as his own and I could truly relate to what you've said.

Halia 02-05-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 1848)

@ Abana and Edda - I cried when I read your posts. Led me to tons of realizations on just a few lines....

Halia 02-05-2013 06:25 PM

)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 1783)
Here's one I like:

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain

My sentiments exactly Mr. Twain! :D

Yeah oftentimes they're angry on the surface but deep inside I think they're laughing out loud when we do something bloody silly! ;)

Cadelaria 02-07-2013 10:55 PM

Aw girls, those are all touching and true! :)

Fabiola 02-09-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 1848)

Awwww... this is really nice. I hope that when I grow old, my kid will be having a great life and grow up to be a nice person. :)

Edda 02-12-2013 02:22 AM

It's true whatever imperfections we have as humans, our parents consider us as their most valuable possessions. And now that we're going to be mums ourselves, it's now our turn to guide or kids into responsible people who have a good heart.

Fabiola 02-16-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 2043)
It's true whatever imperfections we have as humans, our parents consider us as their most valuable possessions. And now that we're going to be mums ourselves, it's now our turn to guide or kids into responsible people who have a good heart.

You are so right there Edda! I did a lot of awful things when I still did not have a baby... and I am sure that I would still have in the future :P But I know my parents would still love me... specially now that I have given them another baby to dote on! :D I just hope my kid would be less headache compared to me. lol

Gaetana 02-19-2013 08:02 PM

“Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.”

― Jodi Picoult, Perfect Match

Idalia 02-22-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 2132)
“Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.”

Couldn't help agreeing on.

Abana 02-23-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

It's quite comforting to know that our moms do feel this towards us eventhough we may have failed them several times! :o

Abana 02-23-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

I AGREE!!! Guilty mom here! :D

Adalira 03-02-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Touching. Heart-warming. True. :)

Fanny 03-03-2013 03:29 PM

Aw, I can't wait to be a mom and relate fully to these beautiful words. Really, motherhood changes a person in a hundred ways. And I'm ready for that.

Adalira 03-31-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 2355)
Aw, I can't wait to be a mom and relate fully to these beautiful words. Really, motherhood changes a person in a hundred ways. And I'm ready for that.

Great to hear that from you! Truly it's the best experience a woman could ever have. It's a blessing that completes a person. And I have the same insights as yours - I'm so ready to have that despite the challenges and difficulties ahead of us! :)

Idalia 04-07-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 2355)

And we don't have any choice but to face them you know.

Baha 04-13-2013 08:45 PM

Very touching comments! This is a great thread to visit on when as a mom or a TTC you feel frustrated or down. :)

Cadelaria 04-13-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 2906)
Very touching comments! This is a great thread to visit on when as a mom or a TTC you feel frustrated or down. :)

You're right! Very easy to get in touch with myself when I get to read the touching stuff in here.

Edda 12-26-2013 08:17 PM

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. - Abraham Lincoln

Edda 12-26-2013 08:23 PM

Oh, so true....

The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and, in a sense, tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother's side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, and to become fully independent.
- Erich Fromm

Abana 12-26-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 5097)
Oh, so true....

The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and, in a sense, tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother's side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, and to become fully independent.
- Erich Fromm

Oh, sad but true! :(