PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   I'm having leg cramps lately (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/im-having-leg-cramps-lately-692/)

Edda 01-31-2013 06:54 PM

I'm having leg cramps lately

I've noticed since last week that I've been having leg cramps lately. The cramping usually starts in the morning of everyday! :( It hurts me big time! What I do to lessen it stretch my legs and let DH massage it. But recently, it's getting worse. Not only does it happen in the mornings but anytime of the day. I cramp like 2-3x a day. Not fun. Any tips on how to avoid/lessen it? Thanks!

Abigail 02-01-2013 10:42 PM

Re: I'm having leg cramps lately

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 1814)
I've noticed since last week that I've been having leg cramps lately. The cramping usually starts in the morning of everyday! :( It hurts me big time! What I do to lessen it stretch my legs and let DH massage it. But recently, it's getting worse. Not only does it happen in the mornings but anytime of the day. I cramp like 2-3x a day. Not fun. Any tips on how to avoid/lessen it? Thanks!

That used to happen to me when I was pregnant. It eases me a lot when I dip my legs in warm water. Also, avoid keeping your legs in one position for a long time. I hope this helps. :)

Gaetana 02-05-2013 04:38 PM

In addition to what Abigail has suggested, you should take calcium and magnesium to lessen and totally prevent cramping. It worked for me!

Halia 02-05-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Gaetana is right. I had cramps last December and my obstetrician prescribed me a calcium and magnesium supplement. They are like magic! The cramping happens "once in a blue moon" now thankfully.

Idalia 02-07-2013 05:34 PM

Indeed it's no fun. I love to swim and when I usually get cramps I feel like it's the end of the world. Then how much more during pregnancy? But I think light exercises will do the job. I guess I'm on my way to cramping now... :( But I hope I could deal with it.

Edda 02-12-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 1831)
That used to happen to me when I was pregnant. It eases me a lot when I dip my legs in warm water. Also, avoid keeping your legs in one position for a long time. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks! It's bloody relaxing, alleviating the pain somehow.

Cadelaria 03-02-2013 09:21 AM

I remember taking Calcium when I was cramping badly with my 2nd pregnancy.It helped big time. Hope you are now ok sweetie.

Adalira 03-13-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

We're on the same shoes now Edda. Baby's arrival is getting near and the ironic part of it is that these discomforts just pop up each time! :(

Abana 03-24-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

If one of your leg cramps, make sure to stretch that leg's calf muscle. Also, moving and jiggling your legs will make the blood circulate better thus avoiding succeeding cramps. I agree with the above posts regarding dipping them on a warm tub of water but my MIL said that an ice massage is also beneficial to cramping. Hope this helps! :)

Edda 03-31-2013 04:48 PM

Thanks for those suggestions ladies!

Now, I have edema and I'm feeling extremely awful. :(