PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Male OB Gynecologist?? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/male-ob-gynecologist-720/)

Gaetana 02-05-2013 04:13 PM

Male OB Gynecologist??

I had my pap smear the other day. I have my female gynecologist for 4 years and didn't expect that a male doctor will relieve for her as my female gyne was rushed to the ER due to hyperacidity that same day. The office kept on apologising for the inconvenience it has caused and asked me that they would give me a first priority in rescheduling my pap smear appointment. I just want the smear to be done asap as I've waited for a month for this appointment. I agreed. I took the plunge and swallowed all the slight awkwardness I felt with a male gynecologist. No biggie, I've had had 2 pregnancies and tons of check-ups before. To be honest, the male gyne is handsome and I think that added to the awkwardness, haha! :p I realised that in my current situation, I still feel a little shy when being "examined" by guy practitioners... Now I though how much more would a young and single woman?

Here's my question. Would you prefer a female OB, a male or you just don't care?

Halia 02-05-2013 06:12 PM

Re: Male OB Gynecologist??

I'd opt for a female obstetrician. :)

Idalia 02-07-2013 05:00 PM

Male OB? No waaaay!! :eek:

Abana 02-07-2013 09:29 PM

I don't mind having one. :)

Cadelaria 02-07-2013 10:44 PM

I guess it depends if the Male doctor is cute or not. LOL.

In my case, no biggie if I'll be seen by a male doctor. But if there's an initial chance of choosing, female OB is my first option.

Fabiola 02-09-2013 10:04 PM

I won't mind having a male gynecologist... so long as he knows what he is doing and give a professional approach and doesn't look sleazy :P

Adalira 02-11-2013 11:53 PM

Male or Female is fine. :)

Fanny 02-14-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 1982)
I guess it depends if the Male doctor is cute or not. LOL.

In my case, no biggie if I'll be seen by a male doctor. But if there's an initial chance of choosing, female OB is my first option.

Well Gaetana, you're right. Admit it or not there's a slight disparity between having an average looking obstetrician versus one that looks like Keanu Reeves or Josh Hartnett. LOL!

Fanny 02-14-2013 10:59 PM

Oh, and as a response to the question, perhaps I'll be more comfortable with a female doctor.

Abigail 02-15-2013 07:12 PM

Hmmm... I guess I will find it really awkward if I will have a Male OB... :S