PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Male OB Gynecologist?? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/male-ob-gynecologist-720/)

Halia 02-20-2013 10:52 PM

Re: Male OB Gynecologist??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 2078)
Well Gaetana, you're right. Admit it or not there's a slight disparity between having an average looking obstetrician versus one that looks like Keanu Reeves or Josh Hartnett. LOL!

Bloody huge disparity indeed! Lol. :D

Idalia 02-21-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halia (Post 2163)
Bloody huge disparity indeed! Lol. :D

Actually, I said "No" to this thread.
But if we're talking about the likes of Keanu Reeves and JUDE LAW. I'll take my statement back! ;)

Abigail 02-22-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 2176)
Actually, I said "No" to this thread.
But if we're talking about the likes of Keanu Reeves and JUDE LAW. I'll take my statement back! ;)

I guess that, it would be perfectly understandable then! xD

Cadelaria 03-02-2013 09:00 AM

@ Fanny- That's what I'm talking about!
@ Idalia- Whoa! I admire your honesty.

Idalia 05-26-2013 04:05 PM

Months have passed and I'd still say NO to this thread. I still feel a little uncomfortable having a male gynecologist. I know that they're professionals and I respect their craft but it the idea just doesn't soothe me.

Gemma 05-27-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 3336)
Months have passed and I'd still say NO to this thread. I still feel a little uncomfortable having a male gynecologist. I know that they're professionals and I respect their craft but it the idea just doesn't soothe me.

I totally agree with you... even if the OB is dmn good looking... I don't think I'd feel comfy about having check ups, etc.

Abana 06-01-2013 10:06 PM

I had a male gynecologist before and didn't have any issues at all. They're all professionals and chances are I'm just one of those thousands of women he has taken cared of. I prefer credentials and experience over gender so this thing isn't much of a biggie for me.

Baha 06-02-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 3369)
I had a male gynecologist before and didn't have any issues at all. They're all professionals and chances are I'm just one of those thousands of women he has taken cared of. I prefer credentials and experience over gender so this thing isn't much of a biggie for me.

I so agree. I had a female gynecologist before and with my most recent pregnancy, I had a male. I couldn't emphasize the fact that his experience, credibility and reputation are much more essential than my gender preference.

Fanny 06-09-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Well you've made a huge point upon saying that. Probably consider this in my 2nd pregnancy. But now that I'm still a TCC, I have a female doctor and will still have the same come I get pregnant.

Idalia 08-31-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

You have a point emphasizing your choice of credentials over gender.