PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Is hair coloring ok while pregnant? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/is-hair-coloring-ok-while-pregnant-844/)

Adalira 03-31-2013 01:40 PM

Is hair coloring ok while pregnant?

I'm going to attend a party later this March. I wanna look good and feel a bit better now that I've got rashes and some zits on my face and chest. Ugh. Now I'm thinking of coloring my hair. I've heard that chemicals are a no-no during pregnancy. But I've also come across hair coloring sets that are preservative-free. Now, is it ok for me to go for a hair color? I'm due this May and I'm a little undecided as I'm worried if it'll harm my baby or not.

Let me know ladies. Thanks! :)

Edda 03-31-2013 04:31 PM

Re: Is hair coloring ok while pregnant?

I think it's not harmful at all. My friend did it and her baby's doing fine. Better though to use one with a brand that's credible enough. Try to do your research on the best ones and/or the organic types. Good luck and tell us what brand and shade you've decided on!

Fanny 04-03-2013 12:42 AM

Sometimes organic hair colouring products cause allergies. I think it's just fine to use a regular hair colour. It's also best to discuss this matter with your doctor. If she gives you the go signal, then go! Good luck and enjoy your new hair colour!

Gemma 04-05-2013 06:04 PM

Some salons automatically decline coloring jobs when the client is pregnant... I am not sure though if it is ok when there are no preservatives.

Gaetana 04-07-2013 11:58 AM

During the first tri, if hair colouring is unavoidable, check out organiccolorsystems.com. From what I know, they offer bleach-free and ammonia free hair colouring systems that are safe for preggy mums.

As for me, regardless if it's organic or not, you might wanna opt for a hair colour on the 2nd, or best, on the 3rd tri.

Idalia 04-07-2013 01:42 PM

Try Tints of Nature. They got all natural hair colouring kits that are all organic. I believe they're fine to be used by expecting mums.

Cadelaria 04-13-2013 11:51 PM

I had my hair colored the last time I was pregnant. My son is fine. I think if you want to, you should go for the quality ones.

Daja 04-16-2013 02:31 AM

Same with me :) I don't think hair coloring is too bad for expectant moms. Looking good actually makes you feel good :p

Edda 04-21-2013 02:05 AM

Being a first time mum so, you can't blame me for being anxious. I would say no, put it off when you've already given birth.

Gaetana 04-21-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 2984)
Being a first time mum so, you can't blame me for being anxious. I would say no, put it off when you've already given birth.

We can't blame you for being extra cautious and that's just fine. :)