PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Getting Pregnant Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/getting-pregnant-forum/)
-   -   What is an HSG test? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/what-is-an-hsg-test-847/)

Fanny 04-03-2013 10:58 PM

What is an HSG test?

My practitioner mentioned this during my last visit. I'll be having one next month. This is an X-ray test which will aid me in conceiving. Any ideas on this? Thanks!

Gaetana 04-07-2013 12:46 PM

Re: What is an HSG test?

HSG or hysterosalpingogram. Read on: SOURCE

During a hysterosalpingogram, a dye (contrast material) is put through a thin tube that is put through the vagina and into the uterus. Because the uterus and the fallopian tubes are hooked together, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray (fluoroscopy) as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and joining (fertilizing) an egg. A hysterosalpingogram also may find problems on the inside of the uterus that prevent a fertilized egg from attaching (implanting) to the uterine wall.

Hope this helps.
BTW, it's great that you'll be having this test. For sure, this will help you have a baby real soon. Good luck hun! :)

Abana 04-13-2013 01:20 AM

Never had one but all I know is that it's an X-Ray test that enables you to know the irregularities you have so you could rule them out immediately.

Cadelaria 04-14-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 2774)
My practitioner mentioned this during my last visit. I'll be having one next month. This is an X-ray test which will aid me in conceiving. Any ideas on this? Thanks!

Nothing to worry about it, it's just that it may make you feel a little sore afterwards but nothing serious I believe. Good luck!

Fabiola 04-19-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 2933)
Nothing to worry about it, it's just that it may make you feel a little sore afterwards but nothing serious I believe. Good luck!

a little sore? :eek:

Fanny 04-21-2013 05:58 AM

Thanks for these comments ladies, I'd probably undergo the test next month. Keep those posts coming so I'd get familiarized by it and not to feel so anxious by then!

Cadelaria 05-05-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiola (Post 2970)
a little sore? :eek:

Yup! Looks like you're not that used to getting sore! LOL. Kidding.
Yes, it's a post-procedure feeling resembling having a TVS.

Fanny 05-18-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 3138)

You got me laughing in there! Haha!

Gaetana 06-16-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 3138)

LOL Cadelaria :D :D

Gaetana 06-16-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 3004)
Thanks for these comments ladies, I'd probably undergo the test next month. Keep those posts coming so I'd get familiarized by it and not to feel so anxious by then!

How's the test by the way?