PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Cat/Dog-Loving Moms! (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/cat-dog-loving-moms-850/)

Dalinda 05-05-2013 09:15 AM

Re: Cat/Dog-Loving Moms!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 3046)
Thank you so much for the replies! My sister has 4 cats and is now expecting a baby... Of course, being a cat lover, she does not want to give them away but we are wondering if the cats might cause asthma or allergies if they are exposed to the baby.

I guess it's not a good idea to have cats around a newborn baby. Probably not letting them enter the bedroom, whatsoever. Better for your sister to talk to her obstetrician of any advice she deems fit.

Abigail 05-11-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalinda (Post 3098)
I guess it's not a good idea to have cats around a newborn baby. Probably not letting them enter the bedroom, whatsoever. Better for your sister to talk to her obstetrician of any advice she deems fit.

Wouldn't that be too drastic? If her sister is a pet lover, I believe she would consider her cat as part of the family...

Cailyn 05-18-2013 05:23 PM

Thanks for the input and the suggestions.

Idalia 05-26-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 3213)
Wouldn't that be too drastic? If her sister is a pet lover, I believe she would consider her cat as part of the family...

I'm a pet lover myself and I don't want to have my pet being around my newborn baby because of the fact that we'll never know if something unfortunate transpires. Well, accidents do happen and I don't wanna compromise my baby from possible scratches, bites and kicks (or worse, knocking on wood) from my pet. If my baby reaches toddlerhood then I guess it'll all be fine for my pet to hang around with my baby.

Gemma 05-27-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 3329)
I'm a pet lover myself and I don't want to have my pet being around my newborn baby because of the fact that we'll never know if something unfortunate transpires. Well, accidents do happen and I don't wanna compromise my baby from possible scratches, bites and kicks (or worse, knocking on wood) from my pet. If my baby reaches toddlerhood then I guess it'll all be fine for my pet to hang around with my baby.

I completely understand your sentiments. I've read several news already about babies getting hurt by pets. They may be accidents but the damage that it costs is not good at all.

Abigail 05-31-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

That makes sense. I am not much of a pet lover myself but I am surrounded by people who are. Perhaps pet owners should just make sure that their pets are not naughty and do not have bad tempers. :S

Fanny 06-29-2013 06:10 PM

I sure will be a dog loving mom soon. Talk about optimism in getting pregnant asap. :)

Fabiola 06-30-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 3684)
I sure will be a dog loving mom soon. Talk about optimism in getting pregnant asap. :)

Keep the optimism up girl! ;)

Daja 09-09-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Maine Coons are good cats to have if you have toddlers :D They can take toddler abuse pretty well without getting pissed off (I could learn a thing or 2 from them actually) :p

Fanny 09-18-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daja (Post 4328)
Maine Coons are good cats to have if you have toddlers :D They can take toddler abuse pretty well without getting pissed off (I could learn a thing or 2 from them actually) :p

Is that so? Well that cat is just interesting!