PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   How to prevent a miscarriage (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/how-to-prevent-a-miscarriage-870/)

Cailyn 04-27-2013 07:49 PM

How to prevent a miscarriage

A lot of moms to be here are very excited and I know, would do everything it takes not to suffer a miscarriage. Any special treatment to do? Any suggestions?

Idalia 04-27-2013 11:41 PM

Re: How to prevent a miscarriage

Not an expert but be extra careful 24/7.

Abana 04-28-2013 04:31 AM

Always have a regular check up so you'll know the progress of your baby all the time and your doctor could rule out any problems that may arise.

Cailyn 05-04-2013 09:09 PM

Thanks thanks! I am also doing my research on this and here's a simple list:

1. Prepare for Conception
2. Eat a Nutrient Dense Fertility Diet
3. Build a Healthy Foundation - vitamins
4. Apply Fertility or Abdominal Massage
5. Herb & Supplement Program for Recurrent Miscarriage

Dalinda 05-05-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 3084)
Thanks thanks! I am also doing my research on this and here's a simple list:

1. Prepare for Conception
2. Eat a Nutrient Dense Fertility Diet
3. Build a Healthy Foundation - vitamins
4. Apply Fertility or Abdominal Massage
5. Herb & Supplement Program for Recurrent Miscarriage

Great share! :)

Also, you need to be taking Folic Acid too to ensure that your baby's brain development and be careful with your surroundings so you avoid tripping over or something. If your doctor thinks that a possible miscarriage is at bay, I think you will be given Duphaston or other estrogen meds to make your baby hold onto you. Good luck!

Fabiola 05-08-2013 08:44 PM

What's a fertility massage? And where can you find one offering those services??? I mean, could you find them along with the regular spa massage?

Cadelaria 05-10-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiola (Post 3158)
What's a fertility massage? And where can you find one offering those services??? I mean, could you find them along with the regular spa massage?

It may help you conceive. I'm not sure though of a facility offering this service. But you might wanna try it yourself. Check out the this DVD - http://www.naturalfertilityshop.com/...sage-p/sfm.htm

Adalira 05-11-2013 04:30 AM

I guess being super careful all the time the moment you learned that you're expecting.

Abigail 05-11-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dessydell (Post 3145)
It is necessary to take care of your health when you are pregnant. During pregnancy period you should take bad rest mostly in the last few months. Miscarriage is only happening due to smoking, drinking, high blood pressure etc. So avoid these things to prevent miscarriage.

Oh I don't know... I don't think it's only "smoking, drinking, high blood pressure" that cause miscarriage. I have a friend who doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't eat much fatty food and had always been super careful when she gets pregnant but she had 2 miscarriages already.

Abigail 05-11-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 3161)
It may help you conceive. I'm not sure though of a facility offering this service. But you might wanna try it yourself. Check out the this DVD - http://www.naturalfertilityshop.com/...sage-p/sfm.htm

Thanks for sharing this. I for one haven't heard of such massage

Fabiola 05-17-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadelaria (Post 3161)

Thanks for the info. Well I just had a baby so I guess I'm not gonna try this yet! Still, it might come in handy in the future! :)

Fanny 05-18-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 3210)
Oh I don't know... I don't think it's only "smoking, drinking, high blood pressure" that cause miscarriage. I have a friend who doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't eat much fatty food and had always been super careful when she gets pregnant but she had 2 miscarriages already.

Perhaps it answers the statement "Our bodies do vary." And it's all worth it to be doing the right things during pregnancy. After all, it's only 9 months of being extra careful. Better be safe than sorry.

Gaetana 05-18-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 3233)
Perhaps it answers the statement "Our bodies do vary." And it's all worth it to be doing the right things during pregnancy. After all, it's only 9 months of being extra careful. Better be safe than sorry.

I agree. It doesn't mean that what others experience will become the same as yours.

Cailyn 05-18-2013 05:19 PM

I've read that having low progesterone when pregnant possibly causes repeated miscarriages... which perhaps explains women who are very careful and yet still have miscarriages... So I guess it would also be better to have yourself tested just to make sure you just have sufficient of it.

Abigail 05-25-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 3264)
I've read that having low progesterone when pregnant possibly causes repeated miscarriages... which perhaps explains women who are very careful and yet still have miscarriages... So I guess it would also be better to have yourself tested just to make sure you just have sufficient of it.

So how do you increase this low progesterone thing?

Gemma 05-25-2013 09:34 PM

Oh I'm just glad that I didn't have a miscarriage! I was waitressing til the wee hours of the morning for a couple of months and I was really tired! Glad that I changed jobs though!

Fanny 06-09-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 3323)
Oh I'm just glad that I didn't have a miscarriage! I was waitressing til the wee hours of the morning for a couple of months and I was really tired! Glad that I changed jobs though!

Good to hear that Gemma! :)

Gaetana 06-09-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

That's a wise choice hon! All for the baby.

Cailyn 06-15-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

That's great to hear Gemma! You have one tough baby! I'm sure you are a very proud mom. :)

Halia 06-20-2013 12:58 AM

"Watch what you eat and watch your step all the time!"

Fabiola 06-25-2013 06:25 AM

Always have in mind that it's not just you anymore ;)

Abigail 06-26-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halia (Post 3539)
"Watch what you eat and watch your step all the time!"

Come to think of it... I guess this applies even if you're not pregnant!

Abigail 06-26-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiola (Post 3630)
Always have in mind that it's not just you anymore ;)

Awww... that sure is true. Pregnancy is not the time to be selfish

Fanny 08-10-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigail (Post 3637)
Come to think of it... I guess this applies even if you're not pregnant!

Couldn't agree more. The last time I fell downstairs, I had a chipped fracture and needed to undergo 6 sessions of physical therapy! Ugh!!! :(

Abigail 08-18-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanny (Post 4012)
Couldn't agree more. The last time I fell downstairs, I had a chipped fracture and needed to undergo 6 sessions of physical therapy! Ugh!!! :(

That sounds terrible! I hope it didn't do any permanent damage!

Gaetana 08-29-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 3264)

That's why doctors give progesterone or Duphaston to moms who have a sensitive pregnancy so as to avoid possible miscarriage. Bed rest is also a requirement.

Cadelaria 09-07-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Oh, hope you're doing fine now. Next time, be extra careful dear. Ok?

Adalira 09-14-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

How are you? Hoping you're feeling better at this time Fanny!

Baha 11-13-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Oh my! Next be careful dear...

Gaetana 11-27-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Oh, hope you're feeling so much better now dear.