PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Am needing some TATTOO suggestions (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/am-needing-some-tattoo-suggestions-895/)

Halia 06-20-2013 12:08 AM

Am needing some TATTOO suggestions

Now that Liam has arrived, I consider this as something that is life changing-and I want to celebrate it on a different level. Motherhood changes a woman forever and I'm contemplating on getting one. I felt for Idalia when she stated that she wanted to get one when she was pregnant. I think post-pregnancy is the best time to get one. I want to have a tat-something that says about motherhood, my baby and the like. I'll be coming up with my own design of course that relates to a personal meaning but any style or suggestion are welcome! Have a good one!

Abana 06-22-2013 06:20 PM

Re: Am needing some TATTOO suggestions

I agree with you. Tattoos are symbolic on events that made us extremely happy or super sad. I got a tat several months when my dad died. It's a wrist tat that says "I love you Papa" in French.

Generally, I feel like tats that are discreet are the best. It's also sexy. ;)

Dalinda 06-22-2013 08:14 PM

Yes, I also love tiny tattoos. Perhaps your baby's initials or a short quote about motherhood will do. You have to plan about it months before getting one. And be sure to have it done at a reputable tattoo parlor by an experienced tattooist.

Baha 06-23-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 3575)
I agree with you. Tattoos are symbolic on events that made us extremely happy or super sad. I got a tat several months when my dad died. It's a wrist tat that says "I love you Papa" in French.

Oh, that's just heartwarming Abana.

Baha 06-23-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halia (Post 3534)
Now that Liam has arrived, I consider this as something that is life changing-and I want to celebrate it on a different level. Motherhood changes a woman forever and I'm contemplating on getting one. I felt for Idalia when she stated that she wanted to get one when she was pregnant. I think post-pregnancy is the best time to get one. I want to have a tat-something that says about motherhood, my baby and the like. I'll be coming up with my own design of course that relates to a personal meaning but any style or suggestion are welcome! Have a good one!

An image that says something about motherhood or your baby's initial is a good idea.

Cadelaria 06-29-2013 03:33 PM

I agree to the above posts. I'm a fan of discreet tats too. Plan ahead which means a lot to you and go from there. Along side planning research on the best tattoo parlors in your area for your safety. Let us know which one you chose! :)

Fanny 06-29-2013 06:58 PM

Yes, I love tats that are discrete too. Here's a sample of a nice location.
This looks cute.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...RPieFpuTVB6Niw

Gaetana 07-07-2013 08:28 AM

Not a fan of having a tattoo for myself but I like looking on great tats. My hubby has a couple! I agree with the above posts, if you want to do it for something significant then go for it. A discrete one is just fine. The location of the one posted above is great too but not a fan of the size. Too big for me, IMHO.

Halia 07-07-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming lovelies. :)
@ Abana- Aww, that's just heartwarming.
@ Fanny- I like that location. Hmm...

Adalira 07-11-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

So sorry to hear about your loss. I know your Pops smiled when he sees how much you treasure his memories. I like that it's written in French too. :)