PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Birth Order and Personality (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/birth-order-and-personality-961/)

Daja 08-22-2013 04:54 AM

Birth Order and Personality

Hi Girls! I read somewhere that your birth order somehow determines your personality... Did any of that ring true to any of you? :confused:

Baha 08-23-2013 10:26 PM

Re: Birth Order and Personality

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daja (Post 4107)
Hi Girls! I read somewhere that your birth order somehow determines your personality... Did any of that ring true to any of you? :confused:

Not totally true all the time but makes sense coz my little sissy gets showered with all the attention while we were growing up and so I don't get surprised if she's a bit of self-centered now. Things should have to turn out "her" way- by hook or by crook!

Fanny 08-27-2013 08:39 PM

It could or couldn't. Never heard about that theory though. :confused:

Gaetana 08-29-2013 03:03 AM

It does. My eldest tend to be more independent and responsible, taking care of his little brother and running errands at home without being reminded at all.

Daja 08-29-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 4113)
Not totally true all the time but makes sense coz my little sissy gets showered with all the attention while we were growing up and so I don't get surprised if she's a bit of self-centered now. Things should have to turn out "her" way- by hook or by crook!

Most (not all) of the youngest one are :p

Halia 08-31-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 4113)

The youngest ones tend to be more pampered so I guess some might grow up being one. Though Daja's right, not all! :)

Abana 09-05-2013 01:43 AM

I don't think so. The upbringing, education and environment are still the best determiners of how our kids' personality is being molded.

Daja 09-05-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 4248)
I don't think so. The upbringing, education and environment are still the best determiners of how our kids' personality is being molded.

But i guess you have to admit that birth order does influence how parents bring up their children. As Halia said, the youngest tend to (again not all) get pampered more... That does do something to the their personality i think.

Abigail 09-05-2013 05:41 AM

I have to agree with both Daja and Abana. The birth order may influence how the parents bring up the children but so do economic and environmental factors. Sometimes, parents want to spoil their kids but they can't really afford to. Specially true for single parents with multiple jobs.

Dalinda 09-07-2013 05:43 AM

I disagree to what this thread states - birth order "determines" your personality. I think it is a factor, but not really something accurate that pinpoints as to how a child performs later on his life.