PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   How to burp my baby? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/how-to-burp-my-baby-966/)

Adalira 09-14-2013 06:30 PM

How to burp my baby?

As a first time mom, I felt like burping my baby became one of the biggest challenges I initially faced. It took a whole lotta practice before I was able to do it! Right now, I stick to the usual- putting him in an upright position and gently patting his back to reduce trapped air after feeding. Do you know of any other ways of burping my baby? Thanks in advance!

Fanny 09-14-2013 11:29 PM

Re: How to burp my baby?

Don't have any first hand experience on this one but this video might be of help. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EH9ND6e_1M

Daja 09-16-2013 05:30 AM

Some I know put them on their tummy while gently rubbing the baby's back.

Gaetana 09-19-2013 08:12 PM

When my kids were just babies, I've only used two methods: One is the same as yours. I assume you're putting your baby in an upright position while resting his chin on your shoulder. Patting the back gently. The other one is letting them sit on my lap. You're the only one who could find the one that works best for your baby so it's great that you get to try out several methods.

Abigail 09-20-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 4393)
When my kids were just babies, I've only used two methods: One is the same as yours. I assume you're putting your baby in an upright position while resting his chin on your shoulder. Patting the back gently. The other one is letting them sit on my lap. You're the only one who could find the one that works best for your baby so it's great that you get to try out several methods.

True, It depends on your baby. I have tried both of the techniques and even though having the baby sit on your lap is my preference (A lot more comfy than the 1st one) It seems my babe burps a lot faster using the 1st technique.

Halia 09-24-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 4336)
As a first time mom, I felt like burping my baby became one of the biggest challenges I initially faced. It took a whole lotta practice before I was able to do it! Right now, I stick to the usual- putting him in an upright position and gently patting his back to reduce trapped air after feeding. Do you know of any other ways of burping my baby? Thanks in advance!

We've been using the same technique! This is what I've been using to burp baby Liam ever since.

Idalia 09-26-2013 12:27 AM

I've tried that method as well but I find laying her face down on across my lap the most effective. Just be sure to elevate her head so as to avoid blood rushing to her head. Whenever I do this, burping is a breeze.

Dalinda 10-02-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halia (Post 4422)
We've been using the same technique! This is what I've been using to burp baby Liam ever since.

This one works for me.

Edda 10-08-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idalia (Post 4443)
I've tried that method as well but I find laying her face down on across my lap the most effective. Just be sure to elevate her head so as to avoid blood rushing to her head. Whenever I do this, burping is a breeze.

This is so far the best for me.

Abana 10-09-2013 11:30 PM

I used to put my son on a position where it's as if I'm hugging him, letting his chin rest above my shoulder and pressing his tummy on my chest. It's the method I remember that works for him with regards to burping. Gosh, it's been a while! My son is now reaching his pre-teens! Time flies so fast! :)