PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Cord Blood Bank (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/cord-blood-bank-976/)

Baha 10-16-2013 12:16 AM

Cord Blood Bank

I admit, I've had regrets not keeping at least my eldest or youngest baby's cord blood. I've read about it a couple of times before but never really decided on pursuing it. Last month, my friend told me that she has saved her baby's blood cord for almost 2 years now with a fee of about $ 100 per year. Costs an arm and a leg indeed, but she says that it's like saving up for the future- having peace of mind that when an unfortunate medical necessity will happen, the cord blood is a great source of stem cells which serve as a treatment for stroke, heart diseases and even cancer. It's like saving up for you and your family, and even for the generations ahead. I will surely go for the cord blood banking in our 3rd baby!! :)

How about you? Are you going to keep your baby's cord blood?

Cadelaria 10-19-2013 04:34 PM

Re: Cord Blood Bank

It's very ideal to do so but if money is of an issue, I guess it isn't practical. I've heard that the charges for this one is extremely high. Imagine keeping it for decades. Then again if you have the funds then go for it.

Adalira 10-19-2013 08:56 PM

Cord blood banking is definitely an ideal choice for me and I'd go for this on our next baby. It's like having an insurance for the whole family. Need to work save up for the initial fee though. :) No worries for our own peace of mind I should say!

Fanny 10-23-2013 09:10 PM

Oh, this is interesting. What a good news health and security-wise!

Halia 10-26-2013 07:27 PM

Never heard about this helpful investment so thanks for the enlightenment!

Idalia 10-31-2013 11:15 PM

It's a good thing but not one of my priorities as of this moment. It's expensive and a bit of impractical when it comes to my income these days.

Dalinda 11-04-2013 01:48 AM

Yes, I will on my next baby. With my growing family, I think this is very practical and worth every penny. Nothing beats having security for my family's (next generations') health needs. Indeed an insurance!

Abana 11-09-2013 11:52 PM

Ooh, it's very ideal but very expensive too. This just depends on individual preferences really.

Baha 11-13-2013 01:35 AM

Thanks for your inputs ladies! It has been very helpful for me and for others in understanding more about this before making a decision.

Cadelaria 11-17-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 4728)
Thanks for your inputs ladies! It has been very helpful for me and for others in understanding more about this before making a decision.

No worries! But come to think of it, it's like you're getting an insurance for you, your family and even relatives.