PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Essential Threads (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/essential-threads/)
-   -   Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/different-kinds-of-contraceptive-methods-273/)

Halia 05-19-2013 02:44 PM

Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

I'm currently breastfeeding and I should say that we do save a lot of quids by doing so, haha! :p

Edda 06-09-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 2648)
Are those birth control patches proven effective? :confused:

Yes, my doctor says it is as effective as the birth control pills but it's being used during a woman's monthly period.

Baha 06-23-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 3448)
Yes, my doctor says it is as effective as the birth control pills but it's being used during a woman's monthly period.

Oh, sounds interesting. I've never heard of a form of contraception that's being used while having a period.

Adalira 07-10-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halia (Post 3292)
I'm currently breastfeeding and I should say that we do save a lot of quids by doing so, haha! :p

That's a good idea! But I don't wanna get pregnant just yet. Wanna give all our love and attention first to Schuyler, our handsome boy. :) I'm also nursing but we use extra protection now such as condoms and sometimes use the pull out method. Guess I'm just so paranoid. My bleeding stopped last month so I assume I'll have my regular period next month so we need to be extra careful. ;)

Cadelaria 08-03-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalira (Post 3773)
That's a good idea! But I don't wanna get pregnant just yet. Wanna give all our love and attention first to Schuyler, our handsome boy. :) I'm also nursing but we use extra protection now such as condoms and sometimes use the pull out method. Guess I'm just so paranoid. My bleeding stopped last month so I assume I'll have my regular period next month so we need to be extra careful. ;)

Don't be too paranoid! Nursing is an effective birth control method and I'm telling you, it's more fun without that extra precautionary measures, LOL! ;)

Daja 08-08-2013 04:47 AM

I go for the pill... condoms just feel too artificial, no matter how "thin" it's supposed to be. But i do wish they have pills for men! :D

Gaetana 08-11-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daja (Post 3975)
I go for the pill... condoms just feel too artificial, no matter how "thin" it's supposed to be. But i do wish they have pills for men! :D

You're right, but I'm thinking.. A pill that'll control the production of their sperm cells? Uhm, that might be a bit weird, haha!

Dalinda 08-15-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaetana (Post 4020)
You're right, but I'm thinking.. A pill that'll control the production of their sperm cells? Uhm, that might be a bit weird, haha!

That just made me chuckle. But who knows? With our ever-evolving world it may be possible. But I think it could lessen the guy's ego IMHO.

Abana 09-05-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edda (Post 3448)

Cool! Well, I still wonder how its efficacy goes though...

Cadelaria 09-07-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abana (Post 4239)
Cool! Well, I still wonder how its efficacy goes though...

Let me know if you tried it Abana. Oh, you're a TTCer so I know you wouldn't be trying this out for sure. :)