PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Get a sitter or not? (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/get-a-sitter-or-not-292/)

Abana 12-01-2012 06:40 PM

Get a sitter or not?

Which do you prefer?

Staying home to take care of your baby or work and get a nanny?

Baha 12-04-2012 01:08 AM

Re: Get a sitter or not?

Depends whether we're talking about a short-term sitter or a long-term one. I prefer having a sitter for a couple of months after giving birth. Then probably when I get back to work I'd ask my mom or aunt to help me sit. With what's happening in our economy right now, it's impractical to stay home and be a full time mom, unless of course if DH can provide for our needs without my help. But reality bites, we all have bills to pay, so I might as well get a sitter. Or to save money, like what I've mentioned, ask some help and assistance.

Cadelaria 12-04-2012 10:46 PM

Get a sitter

If I'll be pregnant (fingers-crossed) with our 2nd child, we will definitely get a sitter. I think we would not afford losing my job for our bigger family.

Fabiola 12-07-2012 08:43 AM

If you can afford to get one, do it. When I mean afford, I mean not only monetary-wise but emotional and physical too. If you have 2 or more kids already, it would be better if you get a sitter to keep your sanity.
If you're good with money, and can stay at home just being a Mom 24/7 then lucky you! You may not need a sitter anymore.

Gemma 12-15-2012 10:14 PM

I can only wish I can get a sitter! OMG! It would be less stress for me but I still have to think if it would fit on my budget.

Idalia 12-17-2012 12:17 AM

I might not. Getting a sitter is expensive!

Abana 12-20-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baha (Post 566)
Depends whether we're talking about a short-term sitter or a long-term one. I prefer having a sitter for a couple of months after giving birth. Then probably when I get back to work I'd ask my mom or aunt to help me sit. With what's happening in our economy right now, it's impractical to stay home and be a full time mom, unless of course if DH can provide for our needs without my help. But reality bites, we all have bills to pay, so I might as well get a sitter. Or to save money, like what I've mentioned, ask some help and assistance.

I so agree with you Baha. We actually did this with our first baby. It's very difficult to manage our finances while we're on an investment, paying our auto mortgage and of course preparing for our baby's future. So instead of hiring a nanny, we ask for help as much as we can. We give credit to my mom and mom-in-law!!

Daja 12-21-2012 06:57 AM

That's what family is for, right? Helping one another. And, if we're talking about taking care of babies grandma's are all crazy about it.

Fanny 12-23-2012 12:47 AM

With only one child, I might not get one yet. But with 2 I'd hire one for sure. Aupairs are a little expensive but with a growing family, having them is very much ideal.

Abana 01-16-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daja (Post 818)
That's what family is for, right? Helping one another. And, if we're talking about taking care of babies grandma's are all crazy about it.

I so agree! I do feel like they love their grandkids more than their kids, LOL! We love them for that anyways. :)