Pregnancy Forum
  Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Main Forum > Essential Threads
 
Post New ThreadReply
 
Old 02-07-2013  
Senior Member
Idalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perth, AUS
Posts: 372
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Oh, to answer the question, these are what I've tried so far: Pills and Condom.
BTW, some of my friends use a female condom. Anyone tried it? How was it?
 
Old 02-19-2013  
Senior Member
Halia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: uk... ok?
Posts: 347
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idalia View Post
Oh, to answer the question, these are what I've tried so far: Pills and Condom.
BTW, some of my friends use a female condom. Anyone tried it? How was it?
I've tried it twice but the feeling wasn't that appealing. Weird at first I guess, but not a fan.
 
Old 03-03-2013  
Senior Member
Fanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halia View Post
I've tried it twice but the feeling wasn't that appealing. Weird at first I guess, but not a fan.
Same here Halia, bloody not a fan! IMHO, pills are the best as "nothing" beats the real thing. #naughty
 
Old 03-13-2013  
Senior Member
Edda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 315
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Just wanting to share about the BIRTH CONTROL PATCH

Birth Control Patch at a Glance

A small patch that sticks to your skin to prevent pregnancy
Safe, effective, and convenient
Easy to get with a prescription
Costs about $15$80 a month
Want the patch? FIND A HEALTH CENTER


Is the Birth Control Patch Right for Me?
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. Use My Method to find out which birth control methods may be right for you.

Here are some of the most common questions we hear women ask about the birth control patch. We hope you find the answers helpful.




From: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...-evra-4240.htm
 
Old 03-23-2013  
Senior Member
Abana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Are those birth control patches proven effective?
 
Old 04-07-2013  
Senior Member
Idalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perth, AUS
Posts: 372
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halia View Post
I've tried it twice but the feeling wasn't that appealing. Weird at first I guess, but not a fan.
Really? Well, I guess it's much more convenient to be used by the guys, right? Well, let's leave the condom to them! Haha!
 
Old 04-13-2013  
Senior Member
Dalinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 331
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abana View Post
Are those birth control patches proven effective?
I guess. I mean it works with some of my pals. But I feel like I'm not truly confident with it so I prefer pills above all.
 
Old 04-27-2013  
Senior Member
Idalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perth, AUS
Posts: 372
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalinda View Post
I guess. I mean it works with some of my pals. But I feel like I'm not truly confident with it so I prefer pills above all.
But they say even with pills, the safety isn't 100% as there will still be a chance of getting pregnant. Ligation then is the solution but I'm too early for this kind of option.
 
Old 05-05-2013  
Senior Member
Cadelaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 354
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idalia View Post
But they say even with pills, the safety isn't 100% as there will still be a chance of getting pregnant. Ligation then is the solution but I'm too early for this kind of option.
Yes, and all artificial contraceptive methods happen to have only 99% efficacy so there's still a chance of getting pregnant. You only get 100% surety of not getting pregnant if you are ligated or your hubby/partner underwent vasectomy.
 
Old 05-11-2013  
Senior Member
Adalira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SoCal, US
Posts: 367
Default Re: Different Kinds of Contraceptive Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadelaria View Post
Yes, and all artificial contraceptive methods happen to have only 99% efficacy so there's still a chance of getting pregnant. You only get 100% surety of not getting pregnant if you are ligated or your hubby/partner underwent vasectomy.
Another way is to breastfeed. Most moms who do have lesser chances of getting pregnant.
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:57 PM. Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0