Pregnancy Forum
  Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Main Forum
 
Post New ThreadReply
 
Old 11-22-2012  
Senior Member
Halia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: uk... ok?
Posts: 347
Default Different Pregnancy Complications

I admit, the first time I discovered that I'm pregnant, I ate my favourite food endlessly. Admittedly, I have a sweet tooth prior to getting pregnant, but knowing the fact that I got another life inside my body then I should have a diet for 2 as well. GP says I should go on a diet. I dunno if I've really internalised that.

Then just last month, I was diagnosed with GDM or Gestational Diabetes Milletus. I was hospitalized and my child was at stake. I regretted the fact that my aim to satisfy my pregnancy cravings has given complications to my baby. They said that uncontrolled sugar levels during pregnancy would result to more complications and the worst and scariest of all, still birth. Now I'm doing every possible thing just to take care of my diet, control my sugar and provide the best for my child.


If you don't have any pregnancy sickness, we hope you'd stay that way. We appreciate any tips for maintaining your healthy pregnancy!
If you have a pregnancy complication, share it with us so we'll get enlightened.

Last edited by Moderator; 01-27-2013 at 06:52 AM.
 
Old 11-23-2012  
Fabiola
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

I see... This is a nice thing to share... We have to really be careful with satisfying our cravings... I hope you're ok. Take care.
 
Old 11-23-2012  
Senior Member
Dalinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 331
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

As I mentioned in another thread I have an Asthma and would you believe that it was acquired during pregnancy? I never had an asthma in my life until now. Our bodies do become odd when pregnant. Currently, I have a Seretide inhaler and Salbutamol for nebulization. I also take montelukast which is an anti-asthma/anti-allergy med. I hope and pray that my baby will always be in the safest state possible.
 
Old 11-29-2012  
Senior Member
Idalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perth, AUS
Posts: 372
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

None as of this time, hopefully my pregnancy will be a healthy one. Yeah, pregnancy diabetes is common. My sis in law had it. Very scary indeed. Her baby was terribly big and she had to go on a C section.

Well, 2 trimesters to go and I'm gonna hold my cutesy little bubba
 
Old 12-08-2012  
Senior Member
Halia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: uk... ok?
Posts: 347
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiola View Post
I see... This is a nice thing to share... We have to really be careful with satisfying our cravings... I hope you're ok. Take care.
Yeah, doing good now. I'm taking insulin and sugar has been controlled since then. Thank you.
 
Old 12-08-2012  
Senior Member
Halia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: uk... ok?
Posts: 347
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

@ Dalinda- That is surprising. Acquired asthma? How do you deal with it besides those nebulizations?

@ Idalia- I'm glad you have a healthy pregnancy. You're lucky!

Last edited by Halia; 12-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.
 
Old 12-29-2012  
Senior Member
Abana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 436
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

Glad you're doing great now. Remember to focus on your insulin and diet now. You can have fun and binge on all the foods you've been deprived of as soon as you give birth though...

For now, control!
 
Old 01-12-2013  
Senior Member
Cadelaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 354
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halia View Post
I admit, the first time I discovered that I'm pregnant, I ate my favourite food endlessly. Admittedly, I have a sweet tooth prior to getting pregnant, but knowing the fact that I got another life inside my body then I should have a diet for 2 as well. GP says I should go on a diet. I dunno if I've really internalised that.

Then just last month, I was diagnosed with GDM or Gestational Diabetes Milletus. I was hospitalized and my child was at stake. I regretted the fact that my aim to satisfy my pregnancy cravings has given complications to my baby. They said that uncontrolled sugar levels during pregnancy would result to more complications and the worst and scariest of all, still birth. Now I'm doing every possible thing just to take care of my diet, control my sugar and provide the best for my child.


If you don't have any pregnancy sickness, we hope you'd stay that way. We appreciate any tips for maintaining your healthy pregnancy!
If you have a pregnancy complication, share it with us so we'll get enlightened.
Hey don't blame yourself about it, we all are guilty in satisfying our cravings when pregnant, right? After all GDM is hereditary. Does Diabetes run in the family? If so, then whether you didn't overeat or did overeat, it won't make any difference at all as you are a good candidate. Better of course if you didn't but as a first time mom, how would you know? So now you have to face that responsibly. Watch what you eat and listen to what your OB instructs you. Did your OB require you of an insulin now?
 
Old 01-16-2013  
Senior Member
Cailyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 150
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

Thankfully, even though I have binged on chocolates on the first trimester of my pregnancy I didn't have diabetes... I hope you'd be okay. I wish you all the best.
 
Old 01-19-2013  
Senior Member
Adalira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SoCal, US
Posts: 367
Default Re: Pregnancy Complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailyn View Post
Thankfully, even though I have binged on chocolates on the first trimester of my pregnancy I didn't have diabetes... I hope you'd be okay. I wish you all the best.
Lucky you as you're able to eat whatever you crave for.
As for me, my blood sugar levels are ok but my OB tells me not to eat too much as baby might get bigger than his age. Regardless, I wanna eat and eat and that makes me happy!
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:22 AM. Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0