PregnancyForum.com

PregnancyForum.com (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/)
-   Pregnancy Main Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/pregnancy-main-forum/)
-   -   Different Pregnancy Complications (http://www.pregnancyforum.com/different-pregnancy-complications-215/)

Halia 11-22-2012 09:12 PM

Different Pregnancy Complications

I admit, the first time I discovered that I'm pregnant, I ate my favourite food endlessly. Admittedly, I have a sweet tooth prior to getting pregnant, but knowing the fact that I got another life inside my body then I should have a diet for 2 as well. GP says I should go on a diet. I dunno if I've really internalised that.

Then just last month, I was diagnosed with GDM or Gestational Diabetes Milletus. I was hospitalized and my child was at stake. I regretted the fact that my aim to satisfy my pregnancy cravings has given complications to my baby. They said that uncontrolled sugar levels during pregnancy would result to more complications and the worst and scariest of all, still birth. Now I'm doing every possible thing just to take care of my diet, control my sugar and provide the best for my child.

If you don't have any pregnancy sickness, we hope you'd stay that way. We appreciate any tips for maintaining your healthy pregnancy!
If you have a pregnancy complication, share it with us so we'll get enlightened. :)

Fabiola 11-23-2012 07:57 AM

Re: Pregnancy Complications

I see... This is a nice thing to share... We have to really be careful with satisfying our cravings... I hope you're ok. Take care.

Dalinda 11-23-2012 06:55 PM

As I mentioned in another thread I have an Asthma and would you believe that it was acquired during pregnancy? I never had an asthma in my life until now. Our bodies do become odd when pregnant. Currently, I have a Seretide inhaler and Salbutamol for nebulization. I also take montelukast which is an anti-asthma/anti-allergy med. I hope and pray that my baby will always be in the safest state possible.

Idalia 11-29-2012 08:39 PM

None as of this time, hopefully my pregnancy will be a healthy one. Yeah, pregnancy diabetes is common. My sis in law had it. Very scary indeed. Her baby was terribly big and she had to go on a C section.

Well, 2 trimesters to go and I'm gonna hold my cutesy little bubba :)

Halia 12-08-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiola (Post 318)
I see... This is a nice thing to share... We have to really be careful with satisfying our cravings... I hope you're ok. Take care.

Yeah, doing good now. I'm taking insulin and sugar has been controlled since then. Thank you.

Halia 12-08-2012 10:13 AM

@ Dalinda- That is surprising. Acquired asthma? How do you deal with it besides those nebulizations? :confused:

@ Idalia- I'm glad you have a healthy pregnancy. You're lucky! :)

Abana 12-29-2012 04:06 AM

Glad you're doing great now. Remember to focus on your insulin and diet now. You can have fun and binge on all the foods you've been deprived of as soon as you give birth though... ;)

For now, control! :)

Cadelaria 01-12-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halia (Post 298)
I admit, the first time I discovered that I'm pregnant, I ate my favourite food endlessly. Admittedly, I have a sweet tooth prior to getting pregnant, but knowing the fact that I got another life inside my body then I should have a diet for 2 as well. GP says I should go on a diet. I dunno if I've really internalised that.

Then just last month, I was diagnosed with GDM or Gestational Diabetes Milletus. I was hospitalized and my child was at stake. I regretted the fact that my aim to satisfy my pregnancy cravings has given complications to my baby. They said that uncontrolled sugar levels during pregnancy would result to more complications and the worst and scariest of all, still birth. Now I'm doing every possible thing just to take care of my diet, control my sugar and provide the best for my child.

If you don't have any pregnancy sickness, we hope you'd stay that way. We appreciate any tips for maintaining your healthy pregnancy!
If you have a pregnancy complication, share it with us so we'll get enlightened. :)

Hey don't blame yourself about it, we all are guilty in satisfying our cravings when pregnant, right? After all GDM is hereditary. Does Diabetes run in the family? If so, then whether you didn't overeat or did overeat, it won't make any difference at all as you are a good candidate. Better of course if you didn't but as a first time mom, how would you know? So now you have to face that responsibly. Watch what you eat and listen to what your OB instructs you. Did your OB require you of an insulin now?

Cailyn 01-16-2013 03:53 AM

Thankfully, even though I have binged on chocolates on the first trimester of my pregnancy I didn't have diabetes... I hope you'd be okay. I wish you all the best.

Adalira 01-19-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailyn (Post 1398)
Thankfully, even though I have binged on chocolates on the first trimester of my pregnancy I didn't have diabetes... I hope you'd be okay. I wish you all the best.

Lucky you as you're able to eat whatever you crave for.
As for me, my blood sugar levels are ok but my OB tells me not to eat too much as baby might get bigger than his age. Regardless, I wanna eat and eat and that makes me happy! :)