Pregnancy Forum
  Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forums > Pregnancy Main Forum > Essential Threads
 
Post New ThreadReply
 
Old 06-01-2013  
Senior Member
Dalinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 331
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

Yes Abana, those are just not right. It's sad that young moms are judged for being pregnant way too early. This ad's a fail.
 
Old 06-20-2013  
Senior Member
Halia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: uk... ok?
Posts: 347
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalinda View Post
Yes Abana, those are just not right. It's sad that young moms are judged for being pregnant way too early. This ad's a fail.
An epic one.
 
Old 07-06-2013  
Senior Member
Gaetana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 388
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abana View Post
Another example of a bad ad...



source
I understand what the purpose of this ad is, to increase awareness in practising safe sex and avoiding teen pregnancy, yeah, we got that. But establishing fear will push them to do so- and if pregnancy has taken place for sure they'd opt for something worse than early pregnancy-abortion-because of THAT fear. Not a good ad, I agree.
 
Old 07-06-2013  
Senior Member
Gaetana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 388
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalinda View Post
Yes Abana, those are just not right. It's sad that young moms are judged for being pregnant way too early. This ad's a fail.
I second. This campaign makes teen pregnancy sound as the most hopeless case in the world. Duh!! My cousin got pregnant when she was 17. Thank God for the guidance and support of the people around her and her being a responsible parent, she was able to finish her school, got a good, stable job, married a good man who has accepted her child as his own and now living a happy family life. I'm not saying that teen pregnancy is a good thing, no, but if it has already happened, I believe that there's still hope to a better life. Parents, educators and the community should help in molding the teen parents in becoming responsible adults.
 
Old 07-21-2013  
Senior Member
Dalinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 331
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaetana View Post
I second. This campaign makes teen pregnancy sound as the most hopeless case in the world. Duh!! My cousin got pregnant when she was 17. Thank God for the guidance and support of the people around her and her being a responsible parent, she was able to finish her school, got a good, stable job, married a good man who has accepted her child as his own and now living a happy family life. I'm not saying that teen pregnancy is a good thing, no, but if it has already happened, I believe that there's still hope to a better life. Parents, educators and the community should help in molding the teen parents in becoming responsible adults.
Well said Gaetana. Discrimination in this area should be stopped.
 
Old 08-09-2013  
Senior Member
Idalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perth, AUS
Posts: 372
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abana View Post
It's good to help increase awareness on safe sex and being responsible in avoiding teen pregnancies. But ads like this one won't work IMHO. Sex education is still the key and you couldn't teach them on how to be extra careful and responsible by establishing fear onto teen pregnancy. Good thing this is being slated in NYC.



source
I feel like ads like these that brutally remind young couples to practise safe sex are just fine. This matter is relatable to me. My pregnancy wasn't an unwanted one. It was something that was unprepared for. These ads made teen pregnancy a hopeless case. A dead-end one. I beg to differ.
 
Old 08-12-2013  
Senior Member
Halia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: uk... ok?
Posts: 347
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

^^ @ Idalia- I couldn't agree more. Brutally honest stuff make you realize and internalize on how to look at things. But with matters as sensitive as teen pregnancy, it's not always establishing fear and letting the youth feel like having a child will rob them of a great future ahead. It's best to let them know the real meaning of parenting and family so as they're able to face the consequences of their own actions responsibly.
 
Old 08-29-2013  
Senior Member
Gaetana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 388
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idalia View Post
I feel like ads like these that brutally remind young couples to practise safe sex are just fine. This matter is relatable to me. My pregnancy wasn't an unwanted one. It was something that was unprepared for. These ads made teen pregnancy a hopeless case. A dead-end one. I beg to differ.
You've pushed the right button Idalia. Perhaps, focusing on how the youth deals with parenthood at a young age should be given more importance rather than establishing fear of its repercussions which is definitely just on the surface of the bigger issue.
 
Old 08-29-2013  
Senior Member
Gaetana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 388
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halia View Post
^^ @ Idalia- I couldn't agree more. Brutally honest stuff make you realize and internalize on how to look at things.
Yes and funding programs that aid the young parents, giving financial assistance for their studies and providing employment opportunities are a few great things that will help them face teen pregnancy with a positive not and not escaping it through abortion due to fear.
 
Old 08-30-2013  
Senior Member
Daja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 149
Default Re: Teen Pregnancy Thread

@Idalia

I like that one... Hit them hard with the facts
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:01 AM. Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0